DO 14, s. 2006 – Promoting Access to Secondary Education Through the Education Voucher System Amended by
To: Bureau and Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads of Public Elementary and Private Secondary Schools
- In line with the goal of promoting access to basic education, this Department announces the implementation of the Education Voucher System (EVS) in Government-recognized private secondary schools effective SY2006-2007.
- The Fund for Assistance to Private Education (FAPE) shall manage the program for the Department following the guidelines provided in the Enclosure.
- The public elementary school principals whose schools have been identified by the DepED Division Offices as feeder schools to red-coded public secondary schools (i.e., with big class sizes and limited classrooms) shall select the beneficiaries of the education vouchers based on the criteria provided in the Enclosure.
- The Regional Program Coordinators of FAPE, in coordination with the DepED Regional and Division Offices, shall orient the school heads of the public feeder elementary schools about the objectives, requirements, and implementing guidelines of the program.
- In view of the urgency of this program, immediate dissemination of this Order to all concerned is desired.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: None Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: