DO 23, s. 2006 – Addendum to DepED Order No. 16, s. 2006 Retrieval and Distribution of Unutilized EVS Vouchers to Private Schools
To: Undersecretaries and Assistant Secretaries
Bureau and Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
- Relative to the Education Voucher System Program of Government that was disseminated through DepED Order Nos. 14 and 16, s. 2006, it was determined that there is a need to further enhance the mode of voucher distribution, particularly with regard to the retrieval and distribution of unutilized vouchers to ensure a better voucher utilization rate. Unutilized vouchers refer to those earlier distributed to public elementary school graduates who decided not to enroll in private high schools.
- In view of this, the following steps are hereby presented for immediate implementation:
- The Division Office shall retrieve from the recipient public schools the unutilized EVS vouchers not later than June 16, 2006.
- The Division Office shall then distribute the retrieved EVS vouchers to other interested public elementary schools, regardless of whether or not they are feeder schools of public high schools in red-coded areas, provided they can identify recent graduates who wish to enroll in private high schools upon receipt of EVS vouchers.
- Should there still be undistributed or unutilized vouchers at the Division Office, these should be turned over to the Regional Office.
- The Regional Offices shall turn over the undistributed vouchers to FAPE’s respective Regional Program Coordinators (RPCs).
- FAPE’s RPCs shall then distribute the vouchers to interested DepED recognized private high schools with instruction that beneficiaries to whom the vouchers will be awarded should be limited to incoming freshmen who have graduated from public elementary schools.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order to all concerned is desired.
DepED Order: Nos. 14 and 16, s. 2006
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: