DO 27, s. 2006 – Implementation of the Philippine Education for All (EFA) 2015 Plan’s Critical Task on Regular Monitoring of Progress
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- With regard to the implementation of the Philippine EFA 2015 Plan, particularly the urgent and critical task on regular monitoring of progress in the attainment of EFA goals and targets, the concerned DepED officials are hereby enjoined to undertake/participate in the following activities:
- Establishment of EFA Planning and Monitoring and Evaluation Teams at the regional and divisional levels. Preferably, the said Teams shall be composed of the Assistant Director, selected Education Supervisors II and Planning Officer at the regional level and the Assistant Schools Division Superintendent, selected Education Supervisors I and Planning Officer at the divisional level. These teams together with the Office of Planning Service will be mainly responsible for coordinating the conduct of regular assessment and planning process for continuous improvement at their respective levels. The said planning and assessment process will be anchored on the goals and targets set forth in the EFA 2015 Plan, Millennium Development Goals, Medium-Term Philippine Development Plan for Basic Education, and Schools First Initiative-Basic Education Sector Reform Agenda; and
- Conduct of Training Cum Writeshop on Sector (EFA) Monitoring and Evaluation and Strategic Planning. As part of the capacity building of the EFA Planning and M & E Teams, a Training Cum Writeshop Per Cluster which will be participated in by selected three members each from the Regional and Divisional EFA Planning and M & E Teams mentioned in item (a) above and representatives from the Central Office will be conducted from June to July 2006 under the OPS-TEEP Project entitled “Institutional Capacity-Building for Schools First Initiative”, as follows:
July 31-Aug. 4
Batch Cluster I Cluster 2 Cluster 3 Cluster 4 Cluster 5 Venue Teachers Camp, Baguio City Teachers Camp, Baguio City ECOTECH Lahug, Cebu City ECOTECH Lahug, Cebu City ECOTECH Lahug, Cebu City Participating
Regions I, II, III and CAR Regions IV- A, IV-B, V and NCR Regions VI, VII and VIII Regions XI, XII and
Regions IX, X and ARMM
1 / Participants are advised to be at the training venue one day before the start of training (first meal to be served is dinner). Check-out will be the following morning after the last day of training.
Enclosure No. 1 shows the Terms of Reference of the said Training Cum Writeshop. Traveling expenses of participants shall be charged to local funds, while all other training costs will be charged to OPS-TEEP Project Funds.
- In preparation for item (b) above, all representatives are requested to fill-up the enclosed instrument on Training Needs Analysis/Expectations from the Training (Enclosure No. 2). Accomplished instrument shall be submitted on or before June 21, 2006 to the Office of Planning Service-Project Development and Evaluation Division, Attention: Ms. Miriam N. Coprado, Rm. 403, 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City with tel. nos. (02) 633-72-56/635-3763/632-1361 to 65 local 2182/2183; or thru e-mail address; ops- firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com.
- Moreover, all concerned are also enjoined to prepare and bring to the scheduled training cum writeshop the necessary data and information of their respective offices as listed in Enclosure No. 3 and laptop/notebook computer.
- Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: None Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: