DO 41, s. 2006 – Organization of Preschool Classes Under the Preschool Service Contracting Program for SY 2006-2007
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary Schools
- In consonance with the Education for All (EFA) goal of achieving universal participation and elimination of drop-out and repetition in the first three grades of schooling, the Department shall continue to implement the Preschool Service Contracting (PSC) Program. It is a delivery system that provides education to incoming Grade One pupils who cannot afford to enroll in any regular preschool and who were not accommodated in any kind of preschool services, e.g. Parent-Teacher Community Association (PTCA) initiated classes and Daycare Centers, during the opening of the School Year 2006-2007.
- The Program engages the services of the private schools and the non¬government organizations/institutions in preparing the five-year olds ready to learn and achieve the desired competencies in Grade One through contracting scheme. For School Year 2006-2007, contracting classes shall be expanded to cover more disadvantaged five-year old children in fifth and sixth class municipalities, urban slums and relocation areas.
- Each region through the division offices is enjoined to continue organizing preschool classes through the service contracting scheme especially in schools where there were previously organized classes of such nature as of SY 2005-2006. Additional classes shall be organized in public schools in disadvantaged areas to accommodate more five-year old children who are least likely to enter school. These schools shall not have PTCA-initiated preschool classes and Daycare Centers in barangays where these schools are located.
- Classes shall start on October 16, 2006 and will end on March 23, 2007. Allocation of the number of classes per region, division and the number of priority barangays is enclosed (Enclosure No.2) for reference.
- Guidelines for implementation of the Program are enclosed (Enclosure No. 1) for compliance.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of this Order is directed.
DepED Order: No. 55, s. 2004 Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: