DO 7, s. 2007 – Submission of Priority Lists of School Buildings to be Funded Under the CY 2007 Regular School Building Program
To: DepED ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The Appropriation for the CY 2007 DepED School Building Program has been set at PhP2.76 Billion. Of this amount, PhP1.76 Billion shall be allocated by legislative districts in accordance with the allocation criteria under R.A. 7880. The other PhPl.0 Billion will be utilized to address the classroom requirements of schools belonging to the Red and Black codes of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS). However, since the 2007 General Appropriations Act (GAA) is still for further discussion by both the Senate and House of Representatives in the bicameral conference committee, the re¬enacted budget of PhP l.0 Billion will be utilized. Once the national budget is approved, the remaining balance of PhP760 Million will be incorporated in a separate department order. Enclosed are the Guidelines for the Preparation of Priority List of School Buildings to be funded under the CY 2007 Regular School Building Program (RSBP) marked Annex “A”.
- In preparing the final list of priority schools, please take note of the budgetary ceiling for each congressional district and the standard cost for the different project components. The division offices shall determine the specific allocation for elementary and secondary levels based on actual needs provided that the actual allocation for both levels does not exceed the budgetary ceiling of the congressional district. Further, the list of recipient schools shall be drawn from the updated Instructional Room Analysis of the BEIS data (SY 2006-2007).
- During the 2006 regional coordination meetings between DepED and DPWH on the implementation of the regular school building program, it was agreed that DPWH shall only construct “Complete” school buildings for new construction except for multi¬storey constructions which DPWH can program partial construction with limited budget. Ocular inspections of the proposed recipient schools shall be undertaken to assess present site, electrical and water facilities conditions and to determine actual classroom/repair needs as well as the estimated cost/financial requirements thereof.
- The standard format of the Priority Listings is in Annex “B” while the allocation per congressional district is in Annex “C”.
- The priority listings shall be duly approved by the Schools Division/City Superintendents and the DPWH District Engineer with the concurrence of the Congressional Representative concerned. In the event that there is no response from the concerned Congressional Representative within 30 days from the receipt of the approved list of recipient schools for approval, the list is deemed approved.
- The DPWH District Engineer shall agree with the cost set by DepED for a “Complete” school building. Refer to part E of Annex “A” for the components of a “Complete” school building and Annex “D” on the regionalized costs based on the prevailing cost of construction materials and labor in a particular region.
- The priority lists of schools shall be submitted to the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division-Office of the Planning Service (PFSED-OPS), DepED Central Office, 4th Floor Bonifacio Building, DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City with telefax nos. (02) 633-7263/638-7110/638-4108 and e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org following the format in Annex “C” on or before February 16, 2007.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: No. 18, s. 2006
Allotment: 1—(D O 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects.