DO 11, s. 2007 – School Calendar for School Year 2007-2008
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- For School Year (SY) 2007-2008, the following dates and periods shall be observed in all elementary and secondary schools:
- The opening of SY 2007-2008 shall be preceded by the National Schools Maintenance Week, scheduled on May 21-25, 2007 to enable the community and the school to prepare their facilities for the start of classes.
- The school year shall begin on Monday, June 4, 2007 and end on Friday, March 28, 2008. It shall consist of two hundred four (204) class days. This is inclusive of the 5-day break and the parent-teacher conferences that shall be held on each Saturday immediately following the week after the administration of the quarterly examinations. The conference is intended to apprise the parents of the progress or performance of their children and ensure parental involvement in school activities. The number of school days per month is listed in Enclosure No. 1 and the indicative events for the school year are listed in Enclosure No. 2.
- The Christmas break shall begin on Saturday, December 22, 2007. Classes shall resume on Thursday, January 3, 2008.
- The secondary school summer classes shall begin on Monday, April 14, 2008 and end on Saturday, May 24, 2008. It shall consist of a 3-hour daily sessions per subject area from Monday to Saturday for 36 days.
- The dates given in this calendar shall be compulsory for public elementary and secondary schools. The private schools may opt to deviate from this school calendar provided they do not start classes earlier than the 1st Monday of June 2007 or not later than the 1st Monday of August. However, they need to complete the minimum number of class days and notify the appropriate DepED Office in advance of any deviation.
- The observance of school celebrations or activities and holidays other than those indicated in the calendar shall be allowed provided that the minimum number of class hours and class days are maintained. Make up classes shall be held to compensate for localized suspensions due to typhoons and other calamities or local celebrations such as town or barangay fiestas, foundation day, anniversaries and holding of academic and non-academic competitions in certain schools or areas.
- At the end of the school year, all division offices shall report the actual number of class days held in every school under their jurisdiction. Regional offices shall submit not later than two weeks after the end of the school year a report on the actual number of school days in the different school divisions under their jurisdiction together with recommendations on how the policy on meeting the required number of school days can be strengthened.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 15, s. 2006
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
CELEBRATIONS AND FESTIVALS