DO 18, s. 2007 – Regional Ranking of Technical Vocational High Schools
To: All Undersecretaries and Assistant Secretaries
Bureau of Secondary Education Director
City/Schools Divisions Superintendents
National Science Teaching & Instrumentation Center Director
Head, Task Force for Technical Vocational High Schools
- It is a goal of the Department to provide our students with a special high school program consisting of an academic component and an enhanced technical-vocational component that will ensure that our graduates are well prepared either for higher education or for the world of work. The technical vocational courses to be offered must make certain that our high school graduates acquire the right competencies for the right jobs and other opportunities that may be available in the local community.
- For this purpose, the Task Force for Technical-Vocational High Schools and SEAMEO INNOTECH jointly undertook an assessment and evaluation of our 261 technical vocational high schools taken from a listing prepared by the Bureau of Secondary Education. In the interest of efficiency and resources mobilization programming, the Technical Vocational High Schools shall be ranked into the following three categories: (1) Already ready for SY 2007-2008; (2) May be ready for SY 2008-2009; and (3) May be ready for SY 2009-2010.
- All regional offices shall submit not later than Tuesday, March 20, 2007, a regional ranking of all Technical-Vocational High Schools including high schools that are not included in the BSE listing referred to above. A matrix of the proposed selection criteria is enclosed for your reference and guidance. The regional ranking report must be faxed directly to the Office of the Secretary, Attention of the Chief of Staff, Mr. Romeo Glenn Sumido, Jr. at this fax number (02) 636-4876.
- In view of the foregoing, Regional Directors are also directed to form and champion a regional task force on tech-voc high schools to be composed by the Regional TLE/Tech-Voc Supervisors and Vocational School Administrators or Principals of Tech-Voc Schools.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is desired.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: Nos. 5 and 17, s. 2007 Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: