DO 23, s. 2007 – Constituting a task Force on Multi-Media Instructional Materials
Directors of Bureaus/Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- In the exigency of the service, the Task Force on Multi-Media Instructional Materials is hereby created to be composed of the following:
Chair: USEC Teodosio C. Sangil, Jr., Finance and Administration
Co-Chair: ASEC Jesus G. Galvan, Finance and Administration
Members : Dr. Yolanda S. Quijano, OIC-Director, BEE
Dr. Lolita M. Andrada, Director, BSE
Ms. Socorro A. Pilor, Executive Director, IMCS
Ms. Aida N. Carpentero, Director III, PS
Mr. Mari Paul C. Soriano, Chair, ICT-TC
Ms. Marivic Abcede, Co-Chair Task Force of ICT
Ms. Bernadette Narvasa, Chief, Audio-Visual Division
- Each of the members will designate an alternate, who may represent the member in case he/she is not available. The alternate should be able to make decisions in behalf of the member.
- The Task Force shall have the following functions:
- Determine the scope of multi-media instructional materials that may be procured and used in public elementary and secondary schools;
- Adopt criteria and standards for the development and review of multi-media instructional materials;
- Approve policies and guidelines in the selection and accreditation of multi-media instructional materials for use in public elementary and secondary schools, consistent with the curricula approved by DepED;
- Adopt criteria and standards for the fair and objective evaluation of multi-media instructional materials submitted for DepED’s review and consideration;
- Manage the evaluation, selection, and/or accreditation of multi-media instructional materials by creating a Board of Reviewers which shall be responsible for evaluating or causing the evaluation of various multi-media instructional materials. The Board of Reviewers shall have the following functions:
- Develop criteria for the evaluation/review of various multi-media instructional materials;
- Formulate guidelines and assist in the development and/or evaluation of multi-media instructional materials;
- Conduct or cause the conduct of capacity-building activities, trainings, workshops, and other for a related to the evaluation of multi-media instructional materials;
- Recommend policy/program interventions and/or DepED issuances to improve or expand scope and use of multi-media instructional materials;
- Assist in the monitoring and assessment of the use of multi-media instructional materials in schools;
- Coordinate and work in partnership with private sector entities such as ABS-CBN, Sky Foundation, Inc, and similar entities involved in the development of multi-media instructional materials; and
- Perform other related functions that may be assigned to it by the Task Force to whom it shall report.
- Identify DepED staff from appropriate Bureaus/Centers/Units who will conduct a study on how to determine the reasonable prices of multi-media instructional materials;
- Recommend policies, guidelines, or internal controls to ensure that procurement of multi-media instructional materials are in accordance with procurement laws and regulations;
- Perform other related functions as may be assigned to it by the Secretary.
- The Task Force shall submit to the Secretary initial policies, guidelines, selection, accreditation and pricing not later than May 30, 2007.
- The Task Force shall report to the Secretary on a regular basis (e.g., once a month) and whenever necessary.
- The Task Force is hereby authorized to engage the services of appropriate units or persons to ensure the timely review/evaluation of multi-media instructional materials.
- All necessary expenses relative to the performance of the functions of the Task Force such as trainings, workshops, meetings, board and lodging, traveling expenses, payment of extra essential and other incidental expenses are chargeable against OSEC funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- For the information and guidance of all concerned.
Allotment: 1— (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: