DO 24, s. 2007 – Budget Strategy of 2007 for the Basic Education Sector
To: Undersecretaries and Assistant Secretaries
Bureau, Center and Regional Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Heads of Offices
- The Department intends to perform its budget planning, preparation and execution in a seamless manner this year and over the next three years (2008-2010) to achieve continuous improvement, acceleration of strategic reforms and attainment of significantly better system-wide educational outcomes.
- The Department shall utilize the budget as the main instrument for attaining the goals and aspirations of the Education for All 2015 National Plan of Action. Thus, the enclosed Budget Strategy of 2007 for the Basic Education Sector is herein prescribed to guide the execution of the remaining activities lined up for FY 2007 and those for the FY 2006 Supplemental Budget, as well as to engage the entire Department in the first-ever forward estimating for FYs 2008-2010, which will include the Department’s FY 2008 budget proposal. Necessary modifications to the Budget Strategy of 2007 shall be made accordingly based on oversight decisions of the Department of Budget and Management and the budget authorization process in Congress.
- Among other things, the Department’s budget in the next four (4) years shall be:
- oriented towards attaining system-wide quality assurance at input, process and output levels;
- accountability-focused; and
- For inquiries and/or clarifications, please feel free to relate with the Office of the Secretary, Attention: The Chief of Staff, the Office of the Undersecretary for Programs and Projects who chairs the PROGCOM (Programs Committee) and/or the Office of the Undersecretary for Finance and Administration who chairs the FINCOM (Finance Committee).
- All relevant provisions of existing DepED Orders, memoranda, and other administrative issuances inconsistent herewith are hereby modified or amended accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl: As stated
Allotment: 1— (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: