DO 25, s. 2007 – School Readiness Assessment for All Grade One Entrants School Year 2007-2008
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
- To continuously determine the school readiness of all incoming Grade One pupils, the School Readiness Assessment (SReA) will be administered for SY 2007- 2008 and the succeeding school year thereafter. As per DepED Order No. 13, s. 2006, the assessment shall be done twice. The first or the pre-assessment will be administered on the 3rd week of May, and the second or the post-assessment shall be given after taking up the 8-week ECD Curriculum.
- The objectives of SReA are to:
- assess pupils’ readiness across the different developmental domains (gross and fine motor, receptive/expressive language, cognitive domain and socio-emotional domain);
- identify the beginning level of competencies of Grade 1 pupils both as individuals or as a group of learners;
- utilize results as basis for providing appropriate interventions to address specific needs of the pupils; and
- share with parents results of their child’s assessment as basis for helping them come up with home-based activities for their supplemental learning.
- The assessment shall not be treated as an entrance test or examination. No child shall be refused entry to Grade 1 based on the results of this assessment nor without preschool experience.
- To ensure effective and proper implementation/administration of the School Readiness Assessment, regional/division supervisors’ in-charge of the program as well as the principals/ school heads are requested to re-orient the Grade 1 teachers on the administration of the School Readiness and should closely monitor the program.
- Travel expenses for the RO/DO Preschool Supervisors/In-Charge of the program for the monitoring of the SReA shall be charged against their local funds.
- The guidelines for the administration of the SReA are found in the Manual on the Administration of School Readiness Assessment for Grade 1 which was provided to the Regional and Division Offices respectively last April of 2006.
- Enclosed are the following Forms to be accomplished
- Region -SR F4
- Division – SR F3
- District – SR F2
- School – SR F1-A
- Teacher – SR S Fl-B
The submission of Regional Consolidated Report on SReA Form 4 for the first administration will not be later than June 29 and September 3, 2007 for the second administration. The accomplished Form 4 shall be submitted to the Curriculum Development Division, Bureau of Elementary Education, Rm. 204 Bonifacio Bldg., DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City 1600 with tel. nos. (02) 632-1361 locals 2055; 2174, 2161; direct line: (02) 638-4799; fax nos. (02) 637-4347 or 633 7270 and email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: (Nos. 13, s. 2006) and 15, s. 2005
Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: