DO 27, s. 2007 – Guidelines for the Utilization of the Monitoring Funds for the Implementation of School Building Program
To: Regional Directors
ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Regional/Division Physical Facilities Coordinators
- Corollary to the Special Provisions on DepED Regular School Building Program of the 2005 and 2006 General Appropriations Act (re-enacted budget) General Appropriations Act and pursuant to R.A. 7880, 50% of the school building projects will be administered by DPWH.
- Pursuant to the Joint DepED-DPWH Memorandum series of 2003, it provides among others the monitoring of DPWH constructed school buildings and the implementing guidelines thereof are contained in DepED Order No. 77, s. 2003. In the subsequent Joint DepED-DPWH Memorandum No. 1 dated March 15, 2005, it discusses the school building designs to be used.
- For the implementation of the DepED-Led School Building Program, out of the 3.5% administrative and overhead cost, 0.5% goes to the implementing office (regional/division office) to be utilized for monitoring of school buildings. The percentage share is already incorporated in the Sub-SARO (Sub-Allotment Release Order) released to each implementing office.
- The tables shown in “Enclosures 2 & 3” of this Order are the monitoring funds shares for the regional offices and division offices respectively. The said funds may be utilized for the monitoring of school buildings in their respective areas.
- The monitoring activities shall be the responsibility of the Region and the Division Offices supported by the Central Office through the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division-Office of the Planning Service (PFSED-OPS) in accordance with the logistics and financial guidelines provided in this Order.
- All Regional and Division Offices are required to submit the necessary monitoring reports and Statement of Expenditures (SOE) of the previously disbursed monitoring funds (refer to DepED Memorandum No. 73 and 178, s. 2004) to the Central Office before any monitoring funds for CY 2005 and CY 2006 will be disbursed.
- For immediate dissemination and strict compliance to all concerned.
DepED Memoranda: (Nos. 73 and 178, s. 2004) DepED Order: (No. 77, s. 2003)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: