DO 52, s. 2007 – Addendum to DepED Order No. 38, s. 2007 (Reiteration of the Moratorium on the Procurement of Supplementary and Reference Materials)
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- The following guidelines shall be followed in the purchase of textbooks and teacher’s manuals by DepED Offices and local government units through the Special Education Fund or other non-DepED funds:
- Basic textbooks shall continue to be given priority in the allocation of funds, regardless of source.
- Only textbooks included in the List of Textbooks and Teacher’s Manuals Most Recently Procured (CY 2003-2007)/To be Procured (Annex 1) may be procured, except Sibika 1 to 3, HeKaSi 4 and 5, and English 1 to 4, 6, and I to IV which were/will be provided by DepED- Central Office to all public elementary and secondary pupils/students.
- The prices contained in Annex 1 are the average unit prices at which the textbooks were procured through international competitive bidding. Thus, purchasing entities may use this as basis in negotiating for discounts from suppliers particularly when large volume of purchases are involved, in order to secure the best terms for the government.
- Print supplementary materials which have been tried out/utilized in the implementation of ongoing DepED programs such as Preschool Education for ALL children (for regular children and children with special needs), Every Child a Reader Program (ECARP), Enhancement of English, Science and Math instructions, and Special Programs (e.g. SPED, Arts, Sports, RSHS and ESEP) of public secondary schools, can be procured.
- DECS Order No. 78, s. 2000 is hereby rescinded. The list of approved supplementary and reference materials (including multimedia and computer software packages) will be issued as soon as the evaluation process is completed.
- For the information and guidance of all concerned.
DepED Order: (No. 38, s. 2007 and DECS Order No. 78, s. 2000)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: