DO 54, s. 2007 – Constituting a task Force on the School Instructional Materials
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- In the exigency of the service, a Task Force on Pre-school Instructional Materials is hereby created to be composed of the following:
Chair – USEC Vilma L. Labrador, Programs and Projects
Co-Chair – ASEC Teresita G. Inciong, Programs and Projects
Members – Dr. Yolanda S. Quijano, OIC-Director, BEE
Dr, Merlita Nolido, Chief, CDD-BEE
Dr. Mirla Olores, Chief, SPED-BEE
Dr. Angelita Esdicul, Chief, SDD-BEE
Ms. Socorro A. Pilor, Executive Director, IMCS
- Each of the members will designate an alternate who may represent the member in case s/he is not available. The alternate should be able to make decisions in behalf of the member.
- The Task Force shall have the following functions:
a. Determine the scope of pre-school instructional materials that may be procured and used;
b. Adopt criteria and standards for the development and review of pre¬school instructional materials;
c. Approve policies and guidelines in the selection and accreditation of pre-school instructional materials for use in pre-schools, consistent with the curricula approved by DepED;
d. Adopt criteria and standards for the fair and objective evaluation of pre-school instructional materials submitted for DepED’s review and consideration;
e. Manage the evaluation, selection, and/or accreditation of pre-school instructional materials by creating a Board of Reviewers which shall be responsible for evaluating or causing the evaluation of various preschool instructional materials. The Board of Reviewers shall have the following functions:
- Develop criteria for the evaluation/review of various pre-school instructional materials;
- Formulate guidelines and assist in the development and/or evaluation of pre-school instructional materials;
- Conduct or cause the conduct of capacity-building activities, trainings, workshops and other fora related to the evaluation of pre-school instructional materials;
- Recommend policy/program interventions and /or DepED issuances to improve or expand scope and use of pre-school instructional materials;
- Assist in the monitoring and assessment of the use of pre¬school instructional materials in schools; and
- Perform other related functions that may be assigned to it by the Task Force to whom it shall report.
f. Identify DepED staff from appropriate Bureaus/Centers/Units who will conduct a study on how to determine the reasonable prices of pre¬school instructional materials;
g. Recommend policies, guidelines, or internal controls to ensure that procurement of pre-school instructional materials are in accordance with procurement laws and regulations; and
h. Perform other related functions as may be assigned to it by the Secretary.
- The Task Force shall submit to the Secretaiy/Undersecretary for Programs and Projects initial policies, guidelines, selection, accreditation and pricing not later than August 15, 2007.
- The Task Force shall report, to the Secretary/Undersecretary for Programs and Projects on a regular basis (e.g. once a month) and whenever necessary.
- The Task Force is hereby authorized to engage the services of appropriate units or persons to ensure the timely review/evaluation of pre-school instructional materials.
- All necessary expenses relative to the performance of the functions of the Task Force such as trainings, workshops, meetings, board and lodging, traveling expenses, payment of extra essential and other incidental expenses are chargeable against OSEC funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES