DO 64, s. 2007 – Organization of Preschool Classes Under the Preschool Service Contracting Program for SY 2007-2008
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division /City Superintendents
- The Department of Education in conformity with the Education for All (EFA) goal of making Basic Learning Needs available to all through various means will continue to implement the Preschool Service Contracting Program.
- The Preschool Service Contracting Program is an alternative delivery system that engages the services of private schools and the Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) in providing early learning experience for five-year old children whose parents cannot afford to send them to any preschool.
- For school year 2007-2008, the Program will be expanded to cover more disadvantaged five year-old children who are least likely to enter school in 4th, 5lh and 6th class municipalities, urban poor and relocation areas.
- New preschool classes will be organized in public schools where there is no existing preschool classes and in barangays without daycare centers. The preschool classes organized under the Program as of SY 2006-2007 are enjoined to be sustained.
- Classes start on Monday, October 1, 2007 and end on Friday, March 28, 2008. Allocation of number of classes to be organized (Enclosure No. 2) and the implementation guidelines (Enclosure No. 1) are enclosed for compliance.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 41, s. 2006
Allotment: 1- (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: