DO 65, s. 2007 – Guidelines in the Utilization of the Additional Subsidy for the Regional Science High Schools for CY 2007
Schools Division/ City Superintendents
Regional Science High School Principals
- For CY 2007, each of the seventeen (17) schools designated as Regional Science High Schools (RSHSs) shall be granted an additional subsidy based on a fixed allocation and a variable allocation based on the enrolment per school to augment their allocation for Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE).
- The utilization of the said amount shall follow these specific guidelines:
10% Procurement of supplies and materials for Science,
Mathematics and English only;
15% Procurement of instructional materials including textbooks/reference books for Science, Mathematics, English and other subject areas, professional books, video materials and software in Science, Mathematics and English including Internet subscription; and
20% Procurement of science and mathematics equipment including the maintenance and repair of previously owned equipment and upgrading of computers and printers;
12.5% For electric and water bills;
25% For expenses for training/professional upgrading of all teachers/principals/OICs directly managing the RSHSs, including attendance in seminars that may be sponsored by DepED or other agencies; expenses for students’ participation in Science and Mathematics related activities;
12.5% Subsidy for student researches/projects; and
5% For extra essential services such as security services.
- The allotment and the corresponding cash requirement for the purpose shall be released by the DBM Regional Office directly to the implementing units pursuant to the provisions of the DBM and DepED Joint Circular No. 2004-1 (The Guidelines on the Direct Release of Funds to Regional Offices and Implementing Units). As such, funds will be directly released to the schools with fiscal autonomy, and thru the Schools Division Offices for those non-fiscally autonomous schools.
- A Report on the Status of the Fund Received as of December 31, ‘2007 including the list of Science and Mathematics supplies and materials procured by the school shall be submitted to the Regional Office, copy furnished the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) not later than January 15, 2008, using the enclosed format. Such report shall be supported by a schedule, duly certified correct by the school head, indicating therein the amount actually spent for each expenditure item herein authorized. The utilization of any excess amount for purposes other than the expenditure item herein authorized shall be cleared with the DepED Central Office (Attention: Director, Bureau of Secondary Education).
- Strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 24, s. 2006
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: