DO 67, s. 2007 – Creating a Task Force on the Teachers’ Pavillon, Quezon Institute
To : Undersecretaries
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- In line with Executive Order No. 187, dated March 21, 2003, entitled “Instituting a Comprehensive and Unified Policy on Tuberculosis (TB) Control In the Philippines”, the Department of Education through the Health and Nutrition Center, in partnership with the Philippine Public School Teachers Association (PPSTA) and the Philippine Tuberculosis Society, Inc. (PTSI), is reviewing the operations and management of the Teachers’ Pavilion at the Quezon Institute for a more systematic and effective delivery of health services to teachers and non-teaching personnel afflicted with TB. The Teachers’ Pavilion was constructed on April 1, 1937 exclusively for the free hospitalization of public school teachers who are afflicted with tuberculosis.
- To facilitate the review of the existing operations and management of the Teachers’ Pavilion, a Task Force composed of representatives from the three agencies, is hereby created and constituted as follows:
Chairman USEC Teodosio C. Sangil, Jr. Vice-Chairperson Dir. Mario L. Ramirez Members DepED Dr. Thelma G. Santos / Dr. Thelma R.
Atty. Jemima Anzorah Pacasum
PPSTA Atty. Marlyn Samalanca-Guzman
Mr. Juanito Pallasigui / Ms. Cristina Manalo
PTSI Mr. Rex D. Lores
Atty. Reginald Caringal / Atty. Rolando Ruga
Secretariat Dr. Ma. Corazon Dumlao
Ms. Sonia R. De Leon
- The Task Force shall perform the following functions:The Task Force is expected to finish its review and submit the final version of the MOA for its formal signing not later than October 15, 2007.
- Resolve issues concerning ownership, funding, coverage, pre-requisites for eligibility, etc.;
- Formulate guidelines for admission/discharge of patients and other legal matters concerning the operational mechanics and requirements of the Teachers’ Pavilion; and
- Define the roles and responsibilities of the three agencies/associations involved and finalize the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) between DepED, PPSTA and PTSI on the operations and management of the Teachers’ Pavilion.
- Expenses to be incurred by the Task Force in the performance of its functions and to include conduct of meetings, transportation expenses and payment of honoraria/extra duty allowance shall be charged against the OSEC proper and/or HNC funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
SOCIETY or ASSOCIATIONS