October 15, 2007 DO 71, s. 2007 – Constituting a Special Committee on Culture and the Arts
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- In accordance with the thrust of the Department to promote and preserve Filipino cultural and artistic traditions, a Special Committee on Culture and the Arts is hereby created to be composed of the following:
Chair – Usec. Vilma L. Labrador, Programs and Projects
Co-Chair – Asec. Jonathan E. Malaya, Special Projects
Vice Chair – Dir. Lolita Andrada, BSE
Members – Dir. Yolanda Quijano, OIC-BEE
Mr. Joey Pelaez, Exec. Director-CSCA Ms. Florina F. Castillo, Director-PHSA Ms. Luz de la Rosa, Head- SEU
Ms. Lilian Lima, BSE
Ms. Marion Murillo, BEE
- Each of the members, except the Chair, may designate an alternate who may represent them whenever s/he is not available. The alternate should be able to make decisions in behalf of the regular member.
- The Special Committee shall have the following functions:
- Develop, strengthen, and implement an integrated Culture and Arts program in line with the Education for All program of the Department;
- Formulate guidelines in the development, implementation, and strengthening of the integrated program;
- Conduct or cause the conduct of capacity-building activities, trainings, workshops, seminars and conferences;
- Recommend policy/program intervention and/or issuances;
- Establish partnerships/linkages with stakeholders in government and the private sector;
- Monitor, assess, and evaluate the implementation of the integrated program;
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned to it by the Secretary.
- The Special committee shall, from time to time, submit to the Secretary a report of its progress and accomplishments.
- In the exercise of its functions, the Special Committee shall be assisted by a Secretariat under the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Special Projects. The Culture and the Arts Office, which is hereby created, shall be composed of the following:
- Marcos S. Rodil, PDO III, Head
- Cecilia R. Mendiola, PDO II
- Rolando Garcia, Consultant
- The Special Committee is hereby authorized to engage the support of appropriate units or persons within the Department in the exercise of its tasks under this Order.
- All necessary expenses relative to the functions of the Special Committee and its Secretariat such as meetings, trainings, workshops, board and lodging, traveling expenses, payment of extra essential, office equipment, supplies, and other incidental expenses are chargeable against OSEC funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: