DO 73, s. 2007 – Promoting Oral Health in Public Elementary Schools
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Chiefs of Divisions
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In the exigency of the service, a Legislative Liaison Unit is hereby created and placed under the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Legislative Liaison.
- The said Unit shall perform the following functions:
- Coordinate legislative and policy-related activities between the Department and the two houses of the Congress of the Philippines;
- Undertake continuing policy research on existing and proposed bills and resolutions in accordance with the strategic objectives and thrusts of the Department;
- Monitor and lobby for the immediate consideration and enactment of the Legislative Agenda of the Department as determined by the Secretary of Education;
- Provide staff support and background information on legislative measures and policies to key officials of the Department and such other offices and centers upon request of the relevant office;
- Ensure the timely preparation and submission of position papers on pending legislative measures in consultation with the appropriate office or unit of the Department; and
- Perform such other functions as may be assigned by the Secretary of Education and/or the Assistant Secretary’ for Legislative Liaison.
- The Legislative Liaison Unit shall have the following staff complement which shall all be engaged under contract of service until such time that the same shall have been converted to plantilla positions.
- Two (2) Department Legislative Liaison Specialists (DLLS) – SG 22
- One (1) Project Development Officer III (PDO III) – SG 18
- One (1) Administrative Assistant V (Admin. Asst. V) – SG 11
- The Legislative Liaison Unit is hereby authorized to engage the support of appropriate offices within the Department in the exercise of its functions under this Order. Additional staff from the Legal Division may also be assigned to the Unit in accordance with DepED Order No. 47, s. 2007.
- All necessary expenses relative to the functions of the Unit such as meetings, trainings, workshops, board and lodging, traveling expenses, payment of extra essential, office equipment, supplies and other incidental expenses are chargeable against OSEC funds subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Reference: DepED Order: (No. 47. s. 2007 Allotment: 1—(D O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: