January 14, 2008 DO 2, s. 2008 – Responsibilities of Public Schools District Supervisors Relative to CSCA Programs and Projects at the Elementary Level
January 14, 2008
DO 2, s. 2008
Responsibilities of Public Schools District Supervisors Relative to CSCA Programs and Projects at the Elementary Level
To: Undersecretaries/Assistant Secretaries
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Public Schools District Supervisors
Heads, Public and Private Schools
All Others Concerned
- In order to develop and enhance the multiple intelligences, leadership skills, environmental awareness and action, values and character, citizenship and social skills of every pupil in the elementary level, Public Schools District Supervisors (PSDS) shall, in the exercise of their duties and responsibilities relative to the promotion, coordination and monitoring the existing and relevant co-curricular programs, projects and activities of the Center for Students and Co-Curricular Affairs (CSCA):
- Support the implementation of the Pupil Government Program (PGP);
- Encourage and assist schools in the establishment of the Arts Clubs/Council of Young Artists (CYA) and Cultural Performing Groups;
- Promote and support skills development among pupils through the establishment of the Student Technologists and Entrepreneurs of the Philippines (STEP) organization in every school and the conduct of skills trainings and competitions in the elementary level;
- Advance environmental values through the establishment of the Youth for Environment in Schools Organization (YES-O) in every school and implement projects such as tree planting, waste management, watershed protection, etc.;
- Strengthen the scouting movement and its activities (Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts);
- Undertake advocacy work, information dissemination and networking with private elementary schools for their involvement in the different CSCA programs and projects;
- Facilitate and assist in resource generation activities through public sector (SEF Funds/Division MOOE Funds) and private sector (NGO/PTCA/Fund-Raising) support for CSCA-related activities;
- Facilitate planning, promotion and monitoring of CSCA programs, projects and activities; and,
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities for the promotion and encouragement of co-curricular activities spearheaded by the CSCA as the need arises.
- The duties and responsibilities relative to this designation of the Public Schools District Supervisors shall form part of their evaluation and performance appraisal. As such, PSDS are expected to submit a report to their respective Division Offices relative to their compliance with this Order at the end of every school year but not to go beyond the month of April. The same report shall be submitted by the Division Offices to the DepED-CSCA in May of every year.
- All Regional Directors and Schools Division Superintendents are enjoined to implement this Order in their respective Regions and Divisions.
- The CSCA shall coordinate, oversee and monitor the operationalization of this Order. For queries, please refer to Mr. Joey G. Pelaez, DepED-CSCA Executive Director, with address at G/F Mabini Bldg., DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City and telefax numbers 631-8495 or 636-3603 or e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or website: www.deped-csca.com.
- For immediate dissemination and compliance.
DepED Memorandum: No. 332, s. 2006
Allotment: 1— (D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES AND REGULATIONS