January 14, 2008 DO 4, s. 2008 – Eliminating Leakages in the Distribution of Rice for the Food for School Program
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Principals/Heads of FSP Schools
- There are text messages received through the DepED DTEXT Center and even anonymous calls regarding alleged leakages/irregularities in the distribution of rice to beneficiaries of the Food for School Program.
- Regional directors and schools division superintendents are hereby instructed to oversee effective and efficient implementation of the Food for School Program, specifically, the distribution of rice to the beneficiaries. The members of the inter-agency FSP-TWG at the regional and division levels are expected to conduct continuous monitoring and to submit monthly updates for presentation during division and regional management committee meetings.
- Principals/heads of FSP recipient schools are held accountable for program operations. The FSP Operational Guidelines issued through DepED Memo No. 419, s. 2007 should be strictly enforced.
- Any violation of the program guidelines shall warrant appropriate administrative sanctions against school head/principal and other teachers who are directly or indirectly involved in the irregularities. Such violations of the school head/principal and teacher/s shall be dealt with administratively after due notice and hearing and also be liable both criminally and civilly when such violations warrant.
- Widest dissemination of and strict compliance with this Department Order is desired.
References: DepED Memorandum: Nos. 142 and (419, s. 2007) Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: