February 7, 2008 DO 11, s. 2008 – Guidelines on the Utilization of Funds for the Implementation of the Construction/Repair and Rehabilitation of Regional Educational Learning Centers (RELCS), and Central, Regional and Division Offices Amended by
February 7, 2008
DO 11, s. 2008
Guidelines on the Utilization of Funds for the Implementation of the Construction/Repair and Rehabilitation of Regional Educational Learning Centers (RELCS), and Central, Regional and Division Offices
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- A lumpsum amount for the construction and/or repair and rehabilitation of the Regional Educational Learning Centers (RELCs) and Central, Regional and Division Offices was included under the CY 2006, 2007 and 2008 General Appropriations Act (GAA).
- Priorities for this project are the following:
- Construction of Regional Educational Learning Centers (RELCs) for those regions without existing RELCs;
- Repair/Rehabilitation of existing RELCs;
- Construction of Regional and Division Offices’ buildings for those regions/divisions without permanent offices;
- Repair and Maintenance of Regional Offices; and
- Repair/Rehabilitation of Central Office buildings.
- Repair/rehabilitation is limited only to structures with minor structural problems and need immediate rehabilitation. Provision for purchase of furniture is not included in this particular budget.
- In preparing the request for the construction and/or rehabilitation of the said facilities, the requesting party shall include in their request the following documents:
- Letter of Request;
- Site Ownership documents;
- Proposed Plans;
- Budget Estimate; and
- Environmental Compliance Certificate (ECC) issued by the Mines and Geosciences Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (MGB-DENR) for projects with New Construction.
- The corresponding allotments for this project shall be released directly to the implementing units who shall also be in charge in the implementation and monitoring of the projects.
- The Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act No. 9184 (Government Procurement Reform Act) shall be followed in the procurement of these projects.
- For regional/division offices without technical capability, the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division of the Office of Planning Service (PFSED-OPS) shall provide technical assistance in the implementation of the projects. This may include appraisals, preparation and review of plans and detailed estimates, and construction monitoring.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: