February 7, 2008 DO 11, s. 2008 – Guidelines on the Utilization of Funds for the Implementation of the Construction/Repair and Rehabilitation of Regional Educational Learning Centers (RELCS), and Central, Regional and Division Offices Amended by
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- A lumpsum amount for the construction and/or repair and rehabilitation of the Regional Educational Learning Centers (RELCs) and Central, Regional and Division Offices was included under the CY 2006, 2007 and 2008 General Appropriations Act (GAA).
- Priorities for this project are the following:
- Construction of Regional Educational Learning Centers (RELCs) for those regions without existing RELCs;
- Repair/Rehabilitation of existing RELCs;
- Construction of Regional and Division Offices’ buildings for those regions/divisions without permanent offices;
- Repair and Maintenance of Regional Offices; and
- Repair/Rehabilitation of Central Office buildings.
- Repair/rehabilitation is limited only to structures with minor structural problems and need immediate rehabilitation. Provision for purchase of furniture is not included in this particular budget.
- In preparing the request for the construction and/or rehabilitation of the said facilities, the requesting party shall include in their request the following documents:
- Letter of Request;
- Site Ownership documents;
- Proposed Plans;
- Budget Estimate; and
- Environmental Compliance Certificate (ECC) issued by the Mines and Geosciences Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (MGB-DENR) for projects with New Construction.
- The corresponding allotments for this project shall be released directly to the implementing units who shall also be in charge in the implementation and monitoring of the projects.
- The Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of Republic Act No. 9184 (Government Procurement Reform Act) shall be followed in the procurement of these projects.
- For regional/division offices without technical capability, the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division of the Office of Planning Service (PFSED-OPS) shall provide technical assistance in the implementation of the projects. This may include appraisals, preparation and review of plans and detailed estimates, and construction monitoring.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: