March 12, 2008 DO 16, s. 2008 – Coordinating Mechanisms for Implementing the Basic Education Sector Reform Agenda (BESRA)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Chiefs of Divisions
All Others Concerned
- To ensure the effective and efficient operationalization of the structures and mechanisms adopted for the implementation of BESRA, the Technical Coordinating Team and Technical Working Groups created through DepED Order No. 69, s. 2007 (copy enclosed) are hereby re-constituted, as follows:
A. Technical Coordinating Team
Chair : Undersecretary Ramon C. Bacani
Co-Chairs : Undersecretary Vilma L. Labrador
Undersecretary Teodosio C. Sangil, Jr.
Members : Assistant Secretary Teresita G. Inciong
Assistant Secretary Jesus LR. Mateo Assistant Secretary Jesus G. Galvan Assistant Secretary Jonathan E. Malaya Chairs, BESRA TWGs Director Psyche Vetta Olayvar, EDPITAF
B. Technical Working Groups
1. School-Based Management 2. Teacher Education and Development Chair: Dir. Yolanda Quijano, BEE Chair: Dir. Lolita Andrada, BSE Co-Chair: President of PESPA Co-Chair: Dir. Beatriz Tomo, TEC Secretariat Members: Directors or permanent Members: Directors or permanent alternates alternates of BSE, NEAP, of BEE, BALS, NEAP, OPS and OPS and EDPITAF EDPITAF Dir. Soledad Matugas, ADD Chief or permanent alternate of Personnel Presidents or permanent alternates of Division NASSPHIL, NAPSSHI, PASS, Dir. Paraluman Giron, ADD PAES and PSDSA Representatives from PASS, PAES, PESPA, Representatives from NEDA, DBM and NASSPHIL and NAPSSHI LCF Representatives from CHED, CSC, PRC, President, League of City Mayors NEDA, TEC and (1) TEI SGC Chair in NCR Representatives from PAFTE and SUCTEA ‘Secretariat: BEE Secretariat: BSE and TEC Secretariat 3. Quality Assurance and Accountability 4. Resource Mobilization and Management Chair: Dir. Lolita Andrada, BSE Chair: Asec. Jesus Galvan Co-Chairs: Dir. Nelia Benito, NETRC Co-Chair: Asec Jesus Mateo Dir. Milagros Talinio, OPS Members: Directors or permanent alternates of BEE, Members: Directors or permanent BSE, BALS, OPS and EDPITAF alternates of BEE, BALS, Division Chiefs of permanent alternates of PPD- IMCS, EDPITAF, and NEAP OPS, Accounting, Budget, Chiefs of PDED and PPD-OPS Management, Personnel, and Staff Representatives from ADD (1 each Development from Luzon, Visayas and Regional Finance Officer, NCR Mindanao), PASS, PAES, Regional Finance Officer, IV-B PESPA, NASSPHIL and Division Accountant, Manila NAPSSHI Accountant of 1 High School in NCR Representatives from NEDA and DBM Representatives from DBM, NEDA and LCF Representatives from UP-NISMED and PNU Secretariat: BSE and OPS Secretariat: PPD-OPS 5. Monitoring and Evaluation Chair: Dir. Milagros Talinio, OPS Co-Chair: Dir. Psyche Vetta Olayvar, EDPITAF Members: Directors or permanent alternates of BEE, BSE, BALS, NETRC and TSD Chiefs of PPD, PDED and RSD of OPS Representatives from ADD, PASS and PAES Representatives from NEDA, DBM, SEAMEO-INNOTECH, Council for the Welfare of Children (CWC) and LCF Secretariat: PDED-OPS
- With regard to the implementation of other components of BESRA, the following TWGs shall be created and be responsible for the development and/or review of policy recommendations in relation to National Learning Strategies (part of the BESRA KRT3), Alternative Learning System (part of BESRA KRT 4) and IP/Muslim Education:
1. National Learning Strategies 2. Alternative Learning System 2. IP/Muslim Education Chair: Dir. Yolanda Quijano, Chair: Dir. Carolina Chair: Usee Manaros Boransing BEE Guerrero, BALS Co-Chairs: Dir. Benito Tumamao, Co-Chair: Dir. Lolita Andrada, Co-Chair: Dir. Paraluman CAR OIC-ARD Luisa BSE Giron, IV-A B. Yu, IV-B Members: Directors or permanent Members: Directors or Members: Dir. Susan Estigoy, XI alternates of BALS, permanent Dir. Estrella Babano, X OPS, IMCS, HNC, alternates of Directors or permanent NEAP and TEC BEE, BSE, OPS, alternates of BEE, Secretariat IMCS, TEC BSE, BALS, IMCS, OPS, EDPITAF and TEC Secretariat Representative from NEDA Representatives from ADD, Secretariat and LCC PASS, PAES, PSDSA, Secretariat PESPA, NASSPHIL Representatives from and NAPSSHI NSO,DSWD, Representatives from NEDA TESDA, NEDA, and TEC DILG, CHED, NGO, SEAMEO- INNOTECH and Congress Secretariat: BEE Secretariat: BALS Secretariat: Office of Usec Boransing
- The TCT and TWGs shall perform the functions stipulated in said DepED Order. The earlier created TWGs are expected to submit the final Work and Financial Plans of their assigned components for the period 2008-2010 and to the TCT Chair by February 8, 2008. The newly created TWGs on the other hand, are expected to immediately convene their respective members to start the discussion on tasks at hand and submit their Action Plans by March 7, 2008. The TCT through the PROGCOM and FINCOM shall ensure that corresponding resources are allocated for the implementation of the approved TWG Action Plans.
- All concerned offices/organizations are requested to submit the name(s) of their official representatives and/or permanent alternates to the assigned TWGs to EDPITAF, c/o Ms. Merlita M. Dery at tel. no. 631-83-80.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
DepED Order: (No. 69, s. 2007)
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
BUREAUS & OFFICES