March 17, 2008 DO 17, s. 2008 – Official Certificate of Graduation/Diploma for the 140 Public Technical-Vocational High Schools and Other Forms/Documents Required for Promotion
March 17, 2008
DO 17, s. 2008
Official Certificate of Graduation/Diploma for the 140 Public Technical-Vocational High Schools and Other Forms/Documents Required for Promotion
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Regional Tech-Voc Coordinators
Vocational School Administrators
Principals/Heads of Public Technical-Vocational High Schools
- School Year 2007-2008 marks the pilot implementation of the Strengthened Technical-Vocational Education Program-Competency Based Curriculum (STVEP-CBC) in the 140 priority tech-voc high schools nationwide from first year to fourth year.
- For uniformity in Forms 137-A, 138-A, 18-A, and in all other related forms/documents, the curriculum which shall be stated is STVEP-CBC. For TVE first year, the word Exploratory shall be stated. Likewise, TVE specialization shall be stated in the report cards of the second, third and fourth year students.
- The Rating System shall be based on the provisions of DepED Order No. 37, s. 2005 (Implementation of the Redesigned Technical-Vocational High School Program). General average grade shall be obtained by multiplying the final grade in every subject by the number of units and the sum to be divided by the total number of units. For promotion/retention in the program, the lowest rating for technical and vocational subjects shall be 80%.
- The number of units as indicated in DepED Order No. 37, s. 2005 shall also be followed. However, in Technical Drawing the unit shall be .6 and in PC Operations the unit shall be .9.
- Enclosed is a sample text of the Diploma/Certificate to be issued to graduating students.
- This Order shall be applied only to SY 2007-2008. For subsequent school years, the program shall be governed by the Manual of Operations for Public Technical-Vocational High Schools that may be issued by the Secretary. This Manual shall include the general guidelines in the implementation of the STVEP for SY 2008-2009 and onwards.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
References: DepED Orders; (No. 37, s. 2005) and No. 48, s. 2007 Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: