July 30, 2008 DO 56, s. 2008 – Submission of Inventory Report on the Textbook Situation in Elementary and Secondary Schools
To: Regional Directors
Schools Division / City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- In order to provide for a more realistic and accurate account of the textbook situation in public elementary and high schools in all regions, a nationwide inventory on textbooks is hereby conducted.
- In this connection, all regions are required to submit a Textbook Situation Report for their respective schools using the enclosed formats for elementary schools (Inventory Forms 1-A and 1-B) and high schools (Inventory Forms 2-A and 2-B) to the Office of the Secretary.
- The District Property Custodians and Secondary School Supply Officers shall submit their respective inventories to the Division Supply Officers for consolidation before submission to the Office of the Secretary through the Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS), 5th Floor Mabini Building at the DepEd Central Office. Deadline of submission is August 15, 2008.
- Schools with insufficient quantities of textbooks in Sibika Grades 1 to 3 and HeKaSi Grades 4 and 5 may request from the division office buffer stock for the said textbooks. The Division Supply Officer will submit to the IMCS an update on the utilization of the buffer stock for proper monitoring of inventory levels. Divisions that still require additional copies of the said textbooks will forward their requests to the IMCS to facilitate the transfer from the central office buffer stock.
- For queries and clarifications regarding this matter, please contact Ms. Ellen Pellobello, Project Development Officer II, Management Information Systems Unit – IMCS, DepEd Central Office at telefax numbers (02) 631-36-90 or (02) 634-0901.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: