October 20, 2008 DO 64, s. 2008 – Allocation for FY 2007 School-Based Management Grant
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- Pursuant to Items 3 and 10.3 of the Guidelines on School-Based Management (SBM) Grant for FY 2007 per DepED Order No. 55, s. 2008, Enclosure No. 1 hereof shows the breakdown of allocation by region and division, and the nationwide reserve for Central Office operations. This consists of the SBM Grants to schools and the cost of program support for the regions and divisions. The release, utilization, liquidation and reporting of these funds shall be guided by the said DepED Order.
- The Schools Division Superintendents are herein authorized to:
- identify the schools which are entitled to the SBM Grant, whether elementary or secondary; and
- determine the amount that each qualified school should receive on the basis of approved SBM Grant Applications, subject to Item 5 of the Guidelines of DepED Order No. 55, s. 2008.
- The allocation by school shall be estimated using as basis the latest official report about the school average dropout, average repetition, average promotion and achievement rates. These four (4) indicators will be combined using the simple average method. The schools with the least scores shall be given highest priority. Enclosure No. 2 shows the example of ranking of schools.
- With regard to the Program Support Funds, the regions are herein authorized to examine and approve Division Action Plans. The regions should ensure that expenditures are in accordance with Item 10.3 of the Guidelines per DepED Order No. 55, s. 2008 prior to the release of funds to the division offices concerned. The Regional Office Action Plans should be submitted to the Office of the Undersecretary for Regional Operations for concurrence prior to actual use of the subject funds. Regional submissions should include copies of the approved Division Action Plans, for ready reference. The Central Office shall use the fund to oversee overall program implementation as well as pay for the cost of hiring an independent external audit firm per Item 10.4 of DepED Order No. 55, s. 2008.
- For inquiries and other concerns, please contact the Office of Planning Service (OPS), DepED Central Office, Pasig City at telefax no. (632) 633- 7216/638-8634.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: (No. 55, s. 2008) Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: