November 3, 2008 DO 67, s. 2008 – Creation of a Digital Content Development Coordinating Group
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- The 5-year ICT for Education (ICT4E) Strategic Plan defines the goals of the Department in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) for the next years. The Plan maps out the key activities to strengthen the capacity of DepED to develop and implement efficient and effective means in integrating ICT in Basic Education.
- In preparation for the implementation of the DepED 5-Year ICT Strategic Plan, a coordinating body is necessary to pull together under one leadership all initiatives to develop digital content resources necessary to achieve the ICT4E Vision of “21st Century Education for All Filipinos Anytime, Anywhere”.
- The Group shall have the following functions:
- Craft a DepED Digital Content Development Principle, Framework and Guidelines to ensure that all efforts toward digital content development are aligned with the DepED 5-Year ICT Strategic Plan;
- Map out action plans based on the DepED 5-Year ICT Strategic Plan to develop digital content;
- Review, assess and validate available and still to be developed multimedia materials; and
- Establish and maintain close coordination and working relationship with field personnel and foreign assisted projects that have content development components.
- This coordinating body will be headed by Dr. Teresita G. Inciong, Assistant Secretary for Programs and Projects, and will be supported by Mr. Ricardo R. Santos of the ICT-OSEC Group.
- There are several units within DepED that have initiatives in developing content, specifically, digital learning resources. Hence, the following units will be represented in the Digital Content Development Coordinating Group (DCDCG):
- Bureau of Elementary Education
- Bureau of Secondary Education
- Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS)
- Instructional Materials Council Secretariat (IMCS)
- Audio-Visual Division
- Multi-Media Instructional Materials (MMIM) Task Force
- National Learning Strategies Task Force
- Technical Service
- Information and Communications Technology Unit (ICTU)
- ICT-OSEC Group
- The following are the representatives from these units:
Representative Unit Represented to the DCDCG 1. Dr. Yolanda S. Quijano BEE and National Learning Strategies Task Force 2. Dr. Lolita M. Andrada BSE and Tech-Voc Task Force 3. Dr. Carolina S. Guerrero BALS 4. Dr. Socorro A. Pilor IMCS and MMIM Task Force 5. Dir. Mari Paul C. Soriano Technical Service and ICTU 6. Ms. Bernadette L. Narvasa Audio Visual Division and MMIM Task Force 7. Mr. Ricardo R. Santos ICT-OSEC Group
Alternates to these representatives shall serve as permanent alternates so that continuity is assured.
- The Group shall report to the Undersecretary for Programs and Projects.
- All necessary expenses relative to the functions of the Group shall be charged to OSEC funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: l-(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: