January 14, 2009
DO 5, s. 2009
Submission of Priority Lists of School Buildings to be Funded Under the CY 2009 Regular School Building Program
To: ARMM Regional Secretary
Schools Division / City Superintendents
- The appropriations for the CY 2009 DepED School Building Program was allocated by legislative district in accordance with the allocation criteria under RA No. 7880. Enclosed are the guidelines for the preparation of Priority Lists of School Buildings to be funded under this Program shown in Annex “A”.
- In preparing the final list of priority schools, please take note of the budgetary ceiling for each congressional district (school building allocation to follow) and the standard cost for the different project components. Special considerations shall be made on the cost of schoolbuildings needing specific design to suit with the location of the school. However, the cost shall not exceed 20% of the standard unit cost of a complete classroom. The division offices shall determine the specific allocation for elementary and secondary levels based on actual needs, provided, that the total allocation for both levels does not exceed the budgetary ceiling of the congressional district. Further, the list of recipient schools shall be drawn from the updated Instructional Room Analysis of the BEIS data (SY 2008-2009).
- During last year’s series of regional coordination meetings between DepED and DPWH on the implementation of the regular school building program, it was emphasized that DPWH shall only construct “COMPLETE” school buildings for new construction except for multi-storey constructions which DPWH can program partial construction in accordance with the limited budget. However, the completion of these partially constructed projects shall be prioritized for programming in the ensuing year’s budget. Ocular inspections of the proposed recipient schools shall be undertaken to assess present site, electrical and water facilities conditions and to determine actual classroom/repair needs as well as the estimated cost/financial requirements thereof.
- The standard format of the Priority Listings is in Annex “B”.
- The priority listings shall be duly approved by the Schools Division/City Superintendents and the DPWH District Engineer with the concurrence of the Congressional Representative concerned. In the event that there is no response from the concerned Congressional Representative within 15 days from receipt of the proposed list of recipient schools for approval, the list shall be deemed approved.
- The DPWH District Engineer shall agree with the cost set by DepED for a “COMPLETE” school building. Refer to part V of Annex “A” for the components of a “complete” school building and Annex “C” on the regionalized costs based on the prevailing cost of construction materials and labor in a particular region.
- The priority lists of schools shall be submitted to the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division-Office of the Planning Service (PFSED-OPS) at the 4th Floor Bonifacio Building, DepED Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City with telefax nos. (02) 633-7263/638-7110/638-4108 and e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org following the format in Annex “B” on or before January 30, 2009.
- To ensure that the school buildings can be used by the start of the School Year 2009-2010, procurement shall immediately commence once the listing is approved by respective approving authority (e.g. Superintendent, Representative).
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 9, s. 2008 Allotment: 1—(D O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: