Schools Division/City Superintendents
Regional Science High School Principals
- For CY 2009, each of the seventeen (17) schools designated as Regional Science High Schools (RSHSs) shall be granted an annual subsidy based on a fixed allocation of One Million Pesos (PhP1,000,000.00) and a variable allocation of Two Thousand Pesos (PhP2,000.00) per student based on the enrolment of the school to augment their regular allocation for Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE).
- The utilization of the said amount shall follow these specific guidelines:15% Procurement of supplies and materials to support student’s researches/projects; and maintenance / minor repair of science and computer laboratories;
18% Procurement of instructional resources including textbooks/reference books for Science, Mathematics, English and other subject areas, professional books, video materials and software in Science, Mathematics and English including Internet subscription;
25% Procurement of science and mathematics equipment including the maintenance and repair of previously owned equipment and upgrading of computers and printers;
12% Electric and water bills;
25% Training/professional upgrading of all
teachers/principals/OICs directly managing the RSHSs, including attendance in Science and
Technology/Mathematics related seminars that may be sponsored by DepED or other agencies; expenses for students’ participation in science and mathematics related activities; and
5% Extra essential services to support school operation.
- The allotment and the corresponding cash requirement for the purpose shall be released by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Regional Office directly to the implementing units pursuant to the provisions of the DBM and DepED Joint Circular No. 2004-1 (The Guidelines on the Direct Release of Funds to Regional Offices and Implementing Units). As such, funds will be directly released to the schools with fiscal autonomy, and through the Schools Division Offices for those non-fiscally autonomous schools.
- A Report on the Status of the Funds received as of December 31, 2009 including the list of Science and Mathematics supplies and materials procured by the school shall be submitted to the Regional Office, copy furnished the Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) not later than January 15, 2010, using the enclosed format. Such report shall be supported by a schedule, duly certified correct by the school head, indicating therein the amount actually spent for each expenditure item herein authorized. The utilization of any excess amount for purposes other than the expenditure item herein authorized shall be cleared with the DepED Central Office (Attention: Director, Bureau of Secondary Education).
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 23, s. 2008 Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: