Schools Division / City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The Department of Health has issued the attached RESPONSE LEVEL SYTEM IN SCHOOLS to guide school administrators on what to do at this time that the country faces the threat of an increasing number of confirmed cases of Influenza A (H1N1). It may be noted that the Philippines is now under Response Level II because of the fact that there are already 16 confirmed cases as of May 30, 2009.
- It is imperative, therefore, to reiterate compliance with the DepED Memorandum No. 238, s. 2009, and to closely coordinate with local health officials on the level of response that a school / community should adopt. There must be a continuing development of desirable health and nutrition habits such as proper handwashing, cough manners, personal hygiene and eating a balanced diet to increase one’s resistance to infection. School administrators shall ensure the availability of clean water and soap for handwashing.
- All school health personnel shall intensify efforts to communicate the prevention and control of Influenza A to all students and parents through the conduct of PTCA assemblies, class lectures and other forms of media. The schools medical officers and nurses-in-charge will be given an orientation by DOH officials on the filling-up of report forms and on the procedures for referral.
- Regional directors and schools superintendents are instructed to oversee and ensure the operationalization of the Response Level System in Schools to prevent and control Influenza A (H1N1) in the schools and communities.
- Widest dissemination of and compliance with this Order is desired.
DepED Memorandum: Nos. 206 and 238, s, 2009 Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
HEALTH EDUCATION POLICY