June 15, 2009
DO 62, s. 2009
Guidelines in Managing Existing Multimedia Materials in Schools
To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Regional/Division ICT Coordinators
- Recently, the Commission on Audit (COA) released their findings of under utilized and unutilized multimedia materials that were donated to various schools nationwide.
- Multimedia materials are resources wherein a combination of text, audio, still images, animation, and video are recorded into different types of media (audio tapes, video tapes, compact disks, DVDs).
- The different multimedia materials distributed in schools are composed of assorted text, presentations about a particular topic and other associated illustrations in various information formats, some of which are interactive whose objective is to enhance learning theories.
- In order to address the said issue, the Information and Communication Technology Unit (ICTU) under the Office of the Director, Technical Service prepared the following guidelines:
- All Regional and Division ICT Coordinators are instructed to retrieve samples of all multimedia materials and send it thru the Office of the Director, Technical Service for upcoming evaluation of the Multimedia Task Force regarding appropriateness to the current curriculum;
- For analog media (ex. VHS tapes, audio cassette tapes, etc.) ICT Coordinators are instructed to retrieve these materials cleaned-up and transferred or converted to digital format (ex. CDs, VCDs, DVDs, etc.). If conversion facilities are not available within the area, the said media can be sent thru their Regional/Division ICT Coordinators then to the Technical Service of the DepED Central office for format conversion;
- In addition, all excess quantities of these multimedia materials must be distributed to other schools within the division or district. These schools should be equipped with compatible devices needed/equipped to utilize the said resources for instruction; and
- Moreover, a report on the current status of deployed multimedia materials must be submitted to the same office thirty (30) days upon receipt of this Order.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: