June 24, 2009
DO 68, s. 2009
Scholarship and Training Grant/Fellowship Pool
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepED) fully supports the continuous development of its manpower to improve performance through scholarship/ fellowship and training grants local and overseas among others. A Scholarship Secretariat chaired by the Assistant Secretary for Programs and Projects was also constituted.
- To ensure smooth implementation of the DepED Scholarship Program, equitable allocation of scholarship/fellowship slots and avoid loss of scholarship slots due to delay in submission of nominees, the Scholarship Secretariat shall maintain scholarship/fellowship/training grantees pool from where the nominees to specific programs shall be selected on the basis of criteria set by either the sponsoring agency or the DepED.
- To facilitate the pooling of prospective grantees, all offices concerned shall on the basis of needs, submit their nominees, to the DepED Scholarship Secretariat. The following guidelines shall be observed in identifying nominees:
- All divisions shall maintain its own pool of nominees for specific training areas;
- Teachers and school administrators who were recipient of national awards shall be included in the pool; and
- Nominees selected should meet the following requirements and should submit the documents enumerated in c.2.
- c.1 Requirements:
– Had been in the service for at least 5 years with at least very satisfactory performance for the last two years;
– Has shown strong leadership potential in the school and in the community;
– Has initiated innovations in the area being recommended;
– Has no pending administrative case and a person of good moral character;
– Is certified to be in good health by a local government physician and is fit to undergo serious studies away from his/her family for a week or more to one year;
– Has capability to disseminate or train other teachers/school administrators on the area studied upon returning from training;
– After availment of the study grant, the scholar shall serve DepED for 2 years for every year of study or a fraction thereof not less than 6 months; 1 year for a fraction of a year less than 6 months but not less than 2 months of study, and;
6 months for a fraction of a year less than 2 months as stipulated in Executive Order No. 367 dated August 21, 1989 (Enclosure No. 1);
– The grantee shall sign a Scholarship Service Contract to this effect witnessed by the School Administrator as guarantor (Enclosure No. 2);
– Is computer literate as needed; and
– Is 50 years old and below or depending on the age requirement set by the sponsoring organization/ agency and/or Department.
- c.2 Documents for submission:
– Personal Description Form (PDF)
– Service Record
– Certificate of no pending case
– Certificate of good moral character
– Certificate of grades/years and subjects taught for the last 3 years
– Trainings/scholarships attended for the last three (3) years
– Medical Certificate
– Duly authenticated transcript of records
- c.1 Requirements:
- The nominating divisions and regions shall certify that trained personnel shall be utilized in enhancing school performance along the area where they trained on.
- In cases where fellowships/training courses require counterpart funding like round trip airfare, allowance, etc., the nominating divisions/regions shall certify to pay such expense item. As a general rule, pre-departure expenses of selected scholars shall be charged to local funds.
- The pool of nominees from each region which shall be grouped by area of study and classified as foreign or local, degree or non-degree shall be indorsed by the heads of schools and/or units to the division which in turn shall indorse the same to the region then to the DepED Scholarship Committee Secretariat. A teacher/administrator shall be nominated only to one area. The pool of nominees shall be addressed to:Office of the Assistant Secretary for Programs and Projects
Chair, Scholarship Committee Secretariat
Department of Education, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City
- Final evaluation of nominees shall be undertaken by the DepED Scholarship Secretariat which may/shall directly contact the nominee for other needed documents for submission.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: