To: Bureau Directors
Schools Division /City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
- The effective implementation of the elementary curriculum calls for its continuous refinement to address the reality in education which implies the development of empowered and lifelong learners in a rapidly changing world. These refinements are based on monitoring feedback as well as observations undertaken by school officials. These cover all the learning areas except Edukasyong Pantahanan at Pangkabuhayan.
- Curriculum standards from Preschool to Grade Six have been developed. Likewise, competencies have been clustered, improved and aligned with the standards. A major refinement is the integration of Socio-Emotional Learning (SEL) in Edukasyong Pagpapakatao (Character Education) which includes core skills like self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision-making. These skills will facilitate academic achievement.
- In order to improve its implementation, the following guidelines are set:
- The teaching of Edukasyong Pagpapakatao and Sibika at Kultura/HEKASI shall put emphasis on demonstrating nationalism and love of cultural heritage. The Pambansang Awit (Lupang Hinirang) shall be sung properly following the 2/4 time signature in 57 seconds. National songs, folk dances, poems, folklores, other literature and customs and traditions that enrich the Filipino culture must be embedded in the school environment;
- “Talk Less and Learn More” or Time on Task shall be the prevailing practice in instruction. This can be attained through experiential, interactive, and cooperative learning and utilization of Information Communication Technology (ICT) mode;
- Team teaching for Grades I – III and IV-VI shall be encouraged utilizing the expertise of teachers in the learning areas assigned. Recipients of Summer Training and Scholarship Programs shall be utilized as team leaders in the area;
- Starting the second semester of every school year, Integrated Fun Learning (IFL) Day shall be conducted every Friday as a culminating activity of all learnings gained during the week.
This involves organization of interest groups where children’s talents can be honed like athletics, performing arts, music, journalism and academic competition and others. One-on-one instruction for students with learning difficulties can also be held on this day with reinforcement activities. School administrators should tap experts from the communities; and
- All divisions are encouraged to conduct an action research to determine the academic and non-academic achievements of pupils as a result of the implementation of this policy.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: