Regional Secretary – DepED ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The use of the Color Coding Scheme (Rainbow Spectrum) for the deployment of teachers in public schools has been in place since SY 2003-2004. It was noted, however, that the existing color codes do not address the actual requirements in public secondary schools where teachers are assigned according to subject area and year level.
- Effective SY 2009-2010, the following Revised Color Coding Scheme for Public Secondary Schools will be adopted and shall henceforth be used in the computation of teacher requirements for public secondary schools for the succeeding school year:
Pupil/ Student Ratio
Less than 15.00 Blue Cool color zone, with excess teachers 15.00-19.99 Sky Blue Cool color zone, with excess teachers 20.00-24.99 Green Cool color zone, with excess teachers 25.00-29.99 1 Yellow Hot color zone, with teacher needs 30.00-34.99 Gold Hot color zone, with teacher needs 35.00-39.99 Orange Hot color zone, with teacher needs 40.00 + Red Hot color zone, with teacher needs No teacher item Black No nationally funded teacher
- The following priorities shall be considered in the deployment of new teacher items and in the redeployment of vacant teacher positions:1st priority – black
2nd priority – red
3rd priority – orange
4th priority – gold
5th priority – yellow
- Appointments or assignments of teachers shall still be governed by existing guidelines on recruitment and appointment of teachers.
- Color codes for the deployment of public elementary school teachers remain the same.
- Strict compliance with this Order is directed. All previous issuances related to this Order that are found inconsistent herewith are deemed superseded or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepED Order: No. 50, s. 2003
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
SECONDARY EDUCATION TEACHERS