Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary Schools
- In response to the alarming size or population of learners in a class or crowded classrooms, safety of young pupils and public clamor for lesser learning loads, the Department of Education (DepED) will implement a revised classroom program and subject nomenclature which integrated some learning areas that results to reduced learning hours in the elementary level.
- Starting August, School Year 2009-2010, the designated grade levels will follow the number of hours as indicated below:Grades I and II – four (4) hours
Grade III – four (4) hours and thirty (30) minutes
Grades IV-V and VI – five (5) hours
- To compensate for the reduced number of hours per day, Edukasyong Pagpapakatao (EP) will be integrated in all learning areas from Grades I to VI, Sibika at Kultura will be integrated in Filipino from Grades I to III, while Musika, Sining at Edukasyong Pagpapalakas ng Katawan (MSEP) will be integrated in Heograpiya, Kasaysayan at Sibika (HKS) from Grades IV to VI.
- A sample classroom program with the corresponding time allotment per learning area/grade level is shown in the Enclosure.
- All schools that claim to lack classrooms shall implement this Order.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepED Memorandum: No. 308, s. 2008 Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: