October 15, 2009 DO 108, s. 2009 – Advance Payment of the Remaining Half or Balance of the FY 2009 Year-End Bonus and/or Cash Gift
October 15, 2009
DO 108, s. 2009
Advance Payment of the Remaining Half or Balance of the FY 2009 Year-End Bonus and/or Cash Gift
Directors of Services/Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- For the information and guidance of all concerned, enclosed is the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) Budget Circular No. 2009-4 dated September 29, 2009, entitled “Advance Payment of the Remaining Half or Balance of the Year-End Bonus and/or Cash Gift to National Government Personnel for FY 2009”.
- Under DBM Budget Circular No. 2005-6, which have since then been the basis for the grant of the year-end bonus and cash gift, payment of the full or the remaining half of the year-end bonus and cash gift must be made by the agency Head concerned not earlier than November 15th of each year.
- In order however to address the plight of DepED officials and personnel who have been affected by the calamity brought about by the recent typhoon “Ondoy”, payment of the remaining half or balance of the year-end bonus and/or cash gift, upon request of the affected official or employee concerned even before November 15, 2009 is hereby directed (underscoring supplied).
- It is emphasized that the grant of said benefit must be strictly governed by the requirements and specific provisions of Budget Circular Nos. 2005-6 and 2009-4 on entitlement and fund sources.
- Regional directors are requested to monitor and ensure that payment of said benefit to affected officials and personnel is done in all division offices under their jurisdiction. A compliance report must likewise be submitted by the Regional Directors to the Officer-in-Charge of the Office of the Undersecretary for Finance and Administration, Central Office.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepED Order: No. 62, s. 2005 Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects:
RULES & REGULATIONS