November 6, 2009 DO 111, s. 2009 – Establishment of the National Educators Academy of the Philippines in the Region
November 6, 2009
DO 111, s. 2009
Establishment of the National Educators Academy of the Philippines in the Region
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
- The Department of Education (DepEd) is currently undertaking key reform initiatives for the development of its personnel, pursuant to Republic Act No. 9155, re: Governance of Basic Education Act of 2001. In view of this, the National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP), which is the training arm of DepEd, is hereby established in the regions.
- The Department of Education (DepEd), the institution mandated to provide quality basic education to Filipino learners, needs to continuously develop its rank of teachers, school managers and non¬teaching personnel. The capability development of DepEd personnel is given importance in the Governance of Basic Education Act of 2001 known as Republic Act No. 9155.
- The National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP) has the mandate to provide a national framework for the continuous development of all education personnel and define personnel competency and qualification.
- NEAP is designated as the interim agency responsible for the general operationalization of the Training and Development (T & D) system (DepED Order No. 30, s. 2009).
- Overall Policy
- The DepEd Central will establish the national policy directions and operational instructions for service areas of the NEAP and NEAP in the Region especially on the adoption of the T & D system framework.
- The Central NEAP will:
- establish directions in the form of policies for the different service areas especially on the T & D system;
- set standards (system standards and competency standards for teaching and non-teaching personnel);
- implement Training and Development Needs Assessment (TDNA) system for the Central Office (CO) and the Regional Office (RO) Executives;
- implement a Professional Development Planning (PDP) system;
- implement the Program Designing and Resource Development (PDRD) system;
- implement a Training and Development Program Delivery (PD) system;
- monitor the T & D operation in the CO and in the region; and
- assist RO in resource generation for the delivery of services at NEAP in the Region.
- The Central NEAP shall collaborate with DepEd Central Office bureaus, services and centers to ensure implementation of major policies that they have identified,
- The Central NEAP has the responsibility to provide technical assistance to the NEAP in the Region in terms of the following:
- The training of trainers for areas identified;
- Capability-building for NEAP personnel in the Region;
- Downloading of systems and technologies; and
- Quality Assurance and Monitoring & Evaluation of the operation of NEAP in the Region.
- To support the Central NEAP, there is a need to establish the NEAP in the Region which shall be responsible in the implementation of programs for the professional development of all regional personnel and to implement and manage region-wide staff development programs pursuant to the national policies and standards.
- The NEAP in the Region aims to provide a decentralized system of human resources development and management that serves as a hub for quality assurance and accountability to address the peculiar and diverse cultural learning needs at the region and its target clientele resulting in the maximization of resources.
- Consistent with DepEd policies, plans and standards, the NEAP in the Region shall provide technical assistance to its regional organization and all divisions within the region in the following service areas:
- Training and Development;
- Competency Assessment;
- Quality Assurance and Monitoring & Evaluation and Accreditation (QA-ME-A);
- Research and Development;
- Assistance to Succession Planning and Programming; and
- Production of Professional Development Materials (PDMs).
- The NEAP in the Region shall:
- establish regional directions and localization guidelines and standards for the different service areas with the T & D system as a core area for the region and the divisions;
- consolidate and analyze all divisions’ TDNA results;
- identify regional priorities for T & D;
- develop the region’s Master Training Plan; and
- monitor and evaluate the T & D system of the divisions.
- The training of teachers will be undertaken by the division. For supply driven training, DepEd Central NEAP/ Bureaus and Centers will have to inform the Region of such for monitoring and evaluation.
- The NEAP in the Region shall provide technical assistance to the following teaching and non-teaching clientele groups, namely:
- Education Program Supervisors;
- Public Schools District Supervisors;
- School Heads;
- Non-teaching personnel; and
- Stakeholders involved in educational governance.
- The NEAP in the Region shall unify its overall programs and services with the national directions set by the Central NEAP with the following:
- planning of operation;
- development of services; and
- report of accomplishments as scheduled.
- In order to deliver its functions, the NEAP in the Region shall collaborate and coordinate with support units such as DepEd bureaus/centers/units, Regional Development Council (RDC), LGUs, NGOs, GOs, TEIs and other external support organizations/ institutions.
- Human Resource (HR) Structure
- To propose organizational structure diagram, qualifications, roles and functions of the team leaders/staff of the service areas with consideration of the standards for the personnel as enumerated under paragraph A of NEAP in the Region standards in the enclosed implementing guidelines shall be the basis in executing/implementing NEAP in the Region Structure.
- To complement the personnel requirement for the initial operation of NEAP in the Region, specifically in the operation of six (6) service areas as stipulated in item 2, paragraph g of this Order, the region through the Regional Director shall organize and provide personnel support from their existing regional personnel which shall compose the interim NEAP in the Region, until such time that the approved plantilla position by Department of Budget and Management (DBM) will be available, following the DepEd’s existing rules and regulations.
- Fund Allocation
- Pending the allocation of funds in the DepEd’s general appropriations for the next calendar year and thereafter, the capability building of the designated/assigned NEAP in the Region personnel shall be taken from the capability building funds of the region with the assistance/budgetary support from the Central NEAP. These special allocations which are intended for the establishment and operation of the NEAP in the Region, shall be based on the needs and resource requirement/s of the region.
- NEAP in the Region may request from proper authorities for it to be included in DBM’s General Appropriations and Special Provision for its personnel services and maintenance and operation expenses funding requirements. It may also maintain a revolving fund like NEAP and ECOTECH where “income derived from rentals, board and lodging and other sources shall be used for maintenance and other operating expenses subject to pertinent budgeting, accounting and auditing rules and regulations”.
- The Human Resource Training and Development (HRTD) Funds may be accessed by the Regions and Divisions in collaboration with Central NEAP following policies and guidelines stipulated in DepEd Order Nos. 11 and 85, s. 2009.
- Similar to Technology, said assistance shall include the provision of the required technologies such as tools/template, equipment, processes, programs and products that are necessary in the operations of the service areas.
- Only the capability building programs identified for the aforecited clientele group are those authorized for funding allocations to be provided/downloaded by the Region and the Central NEAP. These allocations are categorized according to the following indicators: size of region; performance (low or high performance); and availability/non-availability of necessary facilities/equipment and resources.
- Further, the aforecited allocations should be properly recorded/reported based on the Commission on Audit (COA) requirements, rules and regulations.
- The Regions are advised to strictly observe the requirements, procedures and guidelines for the Eligible and Non-eligible expenditures based on prevailing DBM circulars. These provisions also apply for the succeeding allocations as part of NEAP’s allotments from DepEd’s general appropriations for the next calendar year and thereafter.
- Decentralization of the Training Designs and Programs to the Regions
- All Training Designs and Programs developed by Central NEAP for Division Supervisors, School Heads and Teachers shall be made accessible to the regions which have established a NEAP in the Region following the system of downloading for these designs and programs.
- In line with the Region and Division Master Plans for Professional Development, these training designs and programs are expected to be adopted/adapted to support the provision of quality professional development activities to the respective client groups.
- NEAP in the Region will be expected to implement the training designs and programs in line with the standards and processes established by Central NEAP.
- Conversion of Regional Education Learning Center (RELC) Facilities
- The name Regional Education learning Center (RELC) shall now be changed to National Educators Academy of the Philippines (NEAP) depicting name and number of the Region.
- All existing RELC facilities shall now be transferred and converted under the supervision and ownership of the NEAP in the Region.
- Policy on the Utilization of the Central NEAP Logo
- NEAP in the Region should adopt the official logo of the National Educators Academy of the Philippines.
- To regionalize the logo, NEAP in the Region should depict the number of the Region after the word National Educators Academy of the Philippines.
National Educators Academy of the Philippines- I
National Educators Academy of the Philippines – VII
National Educators Academy of the Philippines – XII
National Educators Academy of the Philippines – ARMM
National Educators Academy of the Philippines – CARAGA
NEAP in the Region shall adopt the meaning and explanation of the Central NEAP logo.
- Decentralization of the Training Designs and Programs to the Regions
- Enclosed is the Framework and Guidelines for the Establishment of NEAP in the Region.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.