November 24, 2009 DO 115, s. 2009 – Submission of Priority Lists of School Buildings to be Funded Under the CY 2010 Regular School Building Program
November 24, 2009
DO 115, s. 2009
Submission of Priority Lists of School Buildings to be Funded Under the CY 2010 Regular School Building Program
To: Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
- The appropriation for the CY 2010 DepEd School Building Program was allocated by legislative districts in accordance with the allocation criteria under Republic Act No. 7880. Enclosed are the guidelines for the preparation of Priority List of School Buildings to be funded under this Program marked Annex “A”.
- As proposed during the 2009 series of regional and national coordination meetings between the Department of Education (DepEd) and Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH), the submission of priority list will be prepared early in order for the DPWH to thoroughly assess and inspect the candidate schools. At the same time, this is to give enough time for the Congressional Representative to comment or concur with the list prepared by DepEd and DPWH.
- In preparing the final list of priority schools, please take note of the budgetary ceiling for each congressional district and the standard cost for the different project components. The division offices shall determine the specific allocation for elementary and secondary levels based on actual needs, provided, that the actual allocation for both levels does not exceed the budgetary ceiling of the congressional district. Further, the list of recipient schools shall be drawn from the updated Instructional Room Analysis of the BEIS data (SY 2009-2010). The allocation list per Legislative District is available at the Regional Office through the Regional Physical Facilities Coordinator.
- During the series of 2009 regional coordination meetings between DepEd and DPWH on the implementation of the regular school building program, it was emphasized that DPWH shall only construct “Complete” school buildings for new construction except for multi-storey constructions which DPWH can program partial construction with limited budget. However, the completion of these projects with partial construction shall be prioritized for programming in the ensuing year’s budget. Ocular inspections of the proposed recipient schools shall be undertaken to assess present site, electrical and water facilities conditions and to determine actual classroom/repair needs as well as the estimated cost/financial requirements thereof.
- The standard format of the Priority Listings is in Annex “B”.
- The priority listings shall be duly approved by the Schools Division/City Superintendents and the DPWH District Engineer with the concurrence of the Congressional Representative concerned.
- The DPWH District Engineer shall agree with the cost set by the DepEd for a “Complete” school building. Please refer to part E of Annex “A” for the components of a “Complete” school building and Annex “C” on the regionalized costs based on the prevailing cost of construction materials and labor in a particular region.
- The priority lists of schools shall be submitted to the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division – Office of the Planning Service (PFSED-OPS) at the 4th Floor, Bonifacio Building, DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City with telefax nos.: (02) 633-72-63/(02) 638-71-10/(02) 638-41-08 and e-mail address: email@example.com following the format in Annex “B” on or before January 15, 2010.
- To ensure that the school buildings can be used by the start of the School Year 2010-2011 in the month of June, procurement shall immediately commence once the Special Allotment Release Order (SARO) is released by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM).
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
References: DepED Order: Nos. 5 and 19, s. 2009 Allotment: 1- -(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: