December 15, 2009 DO 118, s. 2009 – Prescribing the List of Science and Mathematics Equipment, Laboratory Glassware and Consumables for All Year Levels of Elementary and Secondary Science Subjects
To: Bureau Directors
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
All Others Concerned
- The Department of Education (DepEd)-National Science Teaching and Instrumentation Center (NSTIC), Bureau of Elementary Education (BEE), Bureau of Secondary Education (BSE) and the University of the Philippines-National Institute of Science and Math Education (UP-NISMED) conducted a two-day Consultative Meeting on March 5-6, 2009 at the BSE Conference Room.
- During the consultative meeting, the participants were able to produce complete listings of Science and Mathematics Equipment, Laboratory Glassware and Consumables.
- The listings were based on the following:
- Philippine Elementary School Learning Competency (PESLC);
- Philippine Secondary School Learning Competency (PSSLC); and
- Basic Education Curriculum (BEC).
- The enclosed complete listings is hereby prescribed by the DepEd as the standard lists that will serve as the main reference for classroom instructions, procurement purposes and any related applications.
- All procurement of Science and Mathematics Equipment, Laboratory Glassware and Consumables at the Central/Regional/Division and School levels should be based on the aforesaid listings.
- Regional/Division Offices and Schools are enjoined to make use of the listings of any related applications.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Encls.: As stated
Allotment: 1—(D.O. 50-97)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: