January 15, 2010 DO 2, s. 2010 – Implementing Guidelines for the Construction/Repair/Rehabilitation of Classrooms and Schools’ Water and Sanitation Facilities
January 15, 2010
DO 2, s. 2010
Implementing Guidelines for the Construction/Repair/Rehabilitation of Classrooms and Schools’ Water and Sanitation Facilities
- The appropriations for the construction and/or repair/rehabilitation of classrooms and water and sanitation facilities is provided under the CY 2009 budget. This shall be used for the implementation of the different priority projects as follows:
- construction and/or repair/rehabilitation of toilet and water facilities in high need areas;
- replacement/repair and rehabilitation of school buildings including typhoon damaged school buildings;
- repair and rehabilitation of Gabaldon and other heritage type school buildings; and
- other priority schools reported needing immediate repair/rehabilitation and/or completion.
- The selection of priority schools which was initially prepared by Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED) was based on the following:
- data on shortage of toilet and water facilities on the BEIS (SY2009-2010);
- balances for funding of some priority typhoon damaged schools;
- data base on the reported cost of repair/rehabilitation of Gabaldon and other type of heritage buildings; and
- other priority schools reported needing immediate repair/rehabilitation. Individual allocation list per Legislative District/Schools Division shall be provided to the field by the Regional Office through the Regional Physical Facilities Coordinator (RPFC) or by the PFSED.
- The Schools Division Superintendents shall be responsible for ensuring that the Congressional Representatives of their respective Divisions are informed of the list of priority schools to be recipients of this program. Attached in Annex “A” is the Pro-forma information letter to the Representatives.
- The priority lists of schools (for Items 2a and 2d) shall be submitted by the Division Ofiices to the PFSED Office at 4th Floor Bonifacio Bldg., DepED Complex, Meralco Ave., Pasig City with telefax nos. (02) 633-72-63/638-41-08/638-71-10 and e-mail address at firstname.lastname@example.org. following the format in Annex “B” not later than February 12, 2010. Copies of the priority lists shall be provided to the Regional Offices.
- This program shall be implemented through contracting using the Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations of Republic Act 9184.
- Local Government Units (LGUs) who are interested to implement the school building projects may be allowed, upon recommendation of the Division and Regional Office, and approval by the Central Office; Provided, that a Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) shall be perfected between the Department and the LGU concerned. Assessment of the LGU shall be made to determine their capability to implement the project.
- Annex “C” is the indicative timetable for the implementation of this program.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.