April 16, 2010
DO 33, s. 2010
CY 2010 School Furniture Procurement Program
- In line with the thrust of the Department to provide school facilities to improve quality education, the Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED) has developed the implementing guidelines on CY 2010 School Furniture Procurement Program (SFPP).
- The appropriation for the CY 2010 School Furniture Procurement Program has been set at Eight Hundred Seventy Six Million Seven Hundred Forty Seven Thousand Pesos (PhP876,747,000.00). The allocation shall be distributed in accordance with the implementing guidelines under the Republic Act No. 7880 otherwise known as the “Roxas Law”.
- All procurement shall be in accordance with the provisions of R.A. No. 9184 and its Revised Implementing Rules and Regulations.
- In identifying recipient schools, priority shall be given to schools, which are also recipients of the CY 2010 School Building Program implemented by the DPWH, DepEd and other fund sources. Schools, which fall under the Gold, Orange, Red and Black Zones as a result of the latest Classroom Seats Analysis of the Basic Education Information System (BEIS) shall also be prioritized. Field offices shall allocate amount based on the actual needs provided that the total allocation does not exceed the budgetary ceiling for each legislative district of the division. For the Guidelines on the Implementation of the CY 2010 School Furniture Procurement Program see Enclosure No. 1, and Enclosure No. 2 for the summary of regional allocation.
- The priority list of schools duly approved by the Schools/City Division Superintendent shall be prepared by the Division Coordinator of Physical Facilities in coordination with the Division Planning Officer. Enclosure No. 3 contains the Standard Designs of School Furniture. See Enclosure No. 4 for the Regional Cost Estimates of DepEd School Furniture, and Enclosure No. 5 for the List of Recipient Schools Form.
- The priority lists of schools shall be submitted to the PFSED at the 4th Floor Bonifacio Bldg.; DepEd Complex, Meralco Avenue, Pasig City at telefax nos.: (02) 633-72-63/638-41-08/638-71-10; e-mail address: email@example.com, following the format in Enclosure No. 5.
- Pursuant to the Government Procurement Policy Board (GPPB) Circular No. 01-2009 dated January 20, 2009, the procuring entity may undertake the procurement activities up to the preparation of the Resolution to Award even without the Sub-Allotment Release Order (SARO). No Notice of Award shall be issued without the release of the SARO.
- The concerned divisions may only request for the release of SARO upon submission of the required List of Recipient Schools for the 75%, 15% and 10% allocation and their status of the CY 2009 School Furniture Procurement Program not later than April 30, 2010.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Ramon C. Bacani
Ramon C. Bacani