May 17, 2010
DO 52, s. 2010
Implementation of the Science and Mathematics Equipment Project, FY 2010 in Support of the 2010 Secondary Education Curriculum
- In support of the 2010 Secondary Education Curriculum and the strengthening of Science and Technology Education in basic education, DepED through the National Science Teaching Instrumentation Center (NSTIC) shall continue distributing packages of science and mathematics equipment including laboratory glassware, consumables and storage cabinets to the public schools to enhance the academic performance of students in Science and Mathematics.
- For FY 2010, a total amount of P500M shall be provided for the Project. Due to budgetary constraints, the Project funds shall be used for the procurement of approved science and math equipment and consumables, cabinets and training. The allocations by region shown in Inclosure 1 represent the cost of equipment and cabinets intended for the lowest 20 performing high schools on the basis of the latest results of the National Achievement Test. However, those lowest 20 performing schools that already received science and math equipment packages in the past shall no longer be included. Instead, they shall be replaced by next qualified high school on the basis of the same criterion. The balance of the fund shall be spent for training school officials concerned on the handling, utilization, safekeeping and inspection of deliveries and shall be managed by the NSTIC.
- Inclosure 2 shows the list of Science and Math equipment, including laboratory glassware and consumables and cabinets that will be received by each recipient high school.
- For inquiries, please contact the following NSTIC personnel Mr. Marvin S. Maquilas or Engr. Ralph H. Neri at telephone numbers: (032) 2553633 to 35; Fax number: (032) 2553005 or email: email@example.com.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is desired.
Mona D. Valisno
Mona D. Valisno