May 17, 2010 DO 56, s. 2010 – Design and Development of the Standard Madrasah Curriculum for Pre-elementary and Secondary Levels for Public and Private Schools
May 17, 2010
DO 56, s. 2010
Design and Development of the Standard Madrasah Curriculum for Pre-elementary and Secondary Levels for Public and Private Schools
- The Department recently issued DepED Order No. 22, s. 2010 on “Mainstreaming and Institutionalizing Madrasah Education Program by Transferring Its Developed Components to the Bureau of Elementary Education, Regional and Division Offices, and the Establishment of Madrasah Education Unit.” This is part of the Roadmap for Upgrading Muslim Basic Education, which has the ultimate objective of peace building, national unity and understanding.
- The Arabic Language and Islamic Values Education (ALIVE) Program is implemented in 981 public schools in 16 regions of the country. The Standard Madrasah Curriculum has been adopted by 40 private madaris. This same curriculum is being reviewed for refinement by SEAMEO-INNOTECH as the service provider. Its completion is targeted in June 2010 and will be implemented soon thereafter.
- To complete the cycle of basic education Madrasah, the Department, through the Office of the Undersecretary for Muslim Affairs, shall develop the Standard Madrasah Curriculum (SMC) for Pre-elementary and Secondary levels, along with the development of instructional and learning materials.
- The design and development of the two curricula shall be similar to the provisions set under DepED Order No. 51, s. 2004.
- In the development of the curriculum in the pre-elementary level, the Director of the Bureau of Elementary Education shall designate curriculum experts to participate and exercise control in aligning the curriculum and learning materials. Likewise, the Director of the Bureau of Secondary Education shall assign her own curriculum experts.
- Budgetary expenditures for the development of the SMC for pre- elementary and secondary levels shall be charged to Madrasah Funds.
- Immediate dissemination of this Order is required.
Mona D. Valisno
Mona D. Valisno