May 17, 2010 DO 59, s. 2010 – Guidelines on the Allocation and Utilization of the 2010 Intervention Funds for the Rehabilitation of Laboratory Workshops and Upgrading of Electrical Facilities for the 282 Tech-Voc Public Secondary Schools
May 17, 2010
DO 59, s. 2010
Guidelines on the Allocation and Utilization of the 2010 Intervention Funds for the Rehabilitation of Laboratory Workshops and Upgrading of Electrical Facilities for the 282 Tech-Voc Public Secondary Schools
- In support of the 2010 Secondary Education Curriculum, the Strengthened Technical-Vocational Education Program (STVEP) is being sustained to improve Technical and Livelihood Education. In order to sustain Program interventions, DepEd is providing augmentation funds from the FY 2010 lumpsum appropriations of the Strengthened/Redesigned Tech-Voc Education Program for the rehabilitation of laboratory workshops and upgrading of electrical facilities of 282 tech-voc public secondary schools nationwide to address the inadequacy and deteriorating conditions of the laboratory workshops. Inclosure 1 shows the regional allocations of such fund.
- On the determination of scope of works to be implemented for project schools, priority will be given to tech-voc high schools using make-shift laboratory workshops or those having dilapidated laboratory buildings based on the findings of the Tech-Voc Task Force monitoring and evaluation (M&E) teams from the DepEd central and field offices. In addition, schools that did not comply with the requirements of the competency-based curriculum (e.g., the use of the curriculum itself, qualification of teachers, laboratory/ facilities, tools and equipment) shall likewise be excluded.
- The Physical Facilities and Schools Engineering Division (PFSED) will inspect and validate the findings generated by the M&E reports, conduct actual
appraisal and determine the extent of rehabilitation works for each project recipient. Their recommendations shall be submitted to the STVEP Task Force for approval. The proposed allocations contained in Inclosure 1 shall be adjusted on the basis of this procedure.
- Upon receipt of the subject funds from the Department of Budget and Management (DBM), the DepEd Budget Division, Finance and Management Service (FMS) Central Office shall immediately issue a sub-ARO to school recipients that are implementing units, or to the Division Offices, as the case may be, pursuant to the provisions of DepEd-DBM Joint Circular No. 2004-1, “Guidelines on the Direct Release of Funds to DepEd Implementing Units.”
- Recipient schools with or without fiscal autonomy may implement the project by administration. However, schools without autonomy shall closely coordinate with the Division Offices for the release and utilization of funds for said project. All procurements made in relation to the project shall be in accordance with the provisions of RA 9184 and the usual government accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- The PFSED is hereby tasked to oversee the implementation through successful completion of the project.
- Immediate and wide dissemination of and compliance to this Order is desired.
Mona D. Valisno
Mona D. Valisno