May 19, 2010 DO 67, s. 2010 – Guidelines on the Budget Allocation for the Office and ICT Equipment of the Department
May 19, 2010
DO 67, s. 2010
Guidelines on the Budget Allocation for the Office and ICT Equipment of the Department
- The Department of Education (DepEd) has been harmonizing all systems such as Human Resource Information System (HRIS), Financial Management System (FMS), Basic Education Information System (BEIS), Asset Management System (AMS), School Information System (SIS), among others. This would require the needed infrastructure, hardware and software support and cost for the development of the system.
- In view of this, there is a need to rationalize and properly design the service network configuration and services up to the school level. The allocation for the Office and ICT Equipment Budget shall enable and improve the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Services of this Department.
- The objectives of this project are to:
- realize on-line communication, collaboration and service transactions;
- enable the Department to deploy network-based service applications efficiently and effectively;
- provide appropriate and standard-based computer devices and applications; and
- build the capability of the personnel to properly utilize the communication and business applications in improving service delivery and accountability.
- This Department shall rationalize the budget allocation for the priority equipment among offices at the different levels (central/regions/divisions/schools) for the following:
- Network and Application Configuration Assessment of the offices;
- Network Design and Layout Modeling of the offices concerned;
- Network Cabling, Equipment Acquisition and Installation;
- Internet Proxy Servers and Security Services;
- Number of Computer Workstations;
- Business Application Acquisition and Development; and
- Capability Building.
- The following are the systems that are in various stages of development:
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- School Information System (SIS)
- Enhanced BEIS
- Asset Management System (AMS)
- Financial Management System (FMS)
- Health and Nutrition Management System (HNMS)
- Learning Resource Management System (LRMS)
- ALS Information System (ALSIS)
- Suppliers Database and Electronic Procurement (SDEP)
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Virtual HS (VHS)
- Legal Management System (LMS)
- Electronic Certification, Authentication and Verification of School Records (ECAVSR)
- Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Offices proposing information systems shall adhere to the provisions stipulated in DepEd Order No. 17, s. 2010, Guidelines in the Development and/or Acquisition of Various Information and Learning Systems in the Department of Education (DepEd).
- The Technical Service-Information and Communications Technology Unit (TS- ICTU) together with the Property Division shall take charge in the deployment of the equipment for the central/regions/ divisions/schools.
- Procurement for this project shall commence once allocation is released by the Department of Budget and Management (DBM).
- A separate Memorandum shall be issued for the guidelines on the deployment of equipment for the various information systems.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
Mona D. Valisno
Mona D. Valisno