June 29, 2010 DO 89, s. 2010 – Manual of Operations for the Technical and Vocational Public Secondary Schools
June 29, 2010
DO 89, s. 2010
Manual of Operations for the Technical and Vocational Public Secondary Schools
- The Department of Education (DepEd) through the Technical-Vocational Education Task Force Office, in its efforts to provide over-all guidance and policy directions in the efficient and effective implementation of the “Strengthened Technical and Vocational Education Program (STVEP)”, has developed the Manual of Operations for the Technical and Vocational Public Secondary Schools across the country.
- The STVEP is implemented in 282 tech-voc secondary schools based on a survey conducted by SEAMEO INNOTECH and the DepEd Tech-Voc Education Task Force. Under the Program, the tech-voc schools are utilizing the competency-based curriculum (skills- based) as a guide in teaching the different tech-voc areas of specialization in Arts and Trades, Fishery, Agriculture, and Information, Communication Technology (ICT).
- The Manual of Operations, therefore ensures adherence or compliance to standards, and implements harmonized policies and programs that will give tech-voc graduates and stakeholders “world class” and “highly competitive employability skills” that are globally recognized for work mobility and skills recognition by other business or industry sectors locally or abroad.
- For this purpose, effective School Year (SY) 2010-2011 and onwards, all public tech- voc secondary schools implementing the STVEP are enjoined to adopt the Manual of Operations which spells out policies, guidelines, rules and regulations that may facilitate the orderly and systematic implementation of the program in the secondary schools.
- An orientation for the new tech-voc administrators/principals on the said Manual will be undertaken during the 2010 consultative conference intended for the vocational schools administrators/principals and other stakeholders implementing the STVEP across the country.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
Mona D. Valisno
Mona D. Valisno