January 10, 2011 DO 2, s. 2011 – Declaring January 29, 2011 as Early Registration Day for School Year 2011-2012 to Achieve the Millenium Development Goal (MDG) in Education
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- With the theme “Makapag-aral ay Karapatan Mo, Magpalista Ngayong Enero,” this Department declares January 29, 2011 as Early Registration Day in Public Schools to achieve universal participation in basic education.
- The objectives of this early registration are as follows:
- Kindergarten and Elementary: To reach out to all 5- and 6-year-old children and ensure their enrolment in SY 2011- 2012;
- Secondary: To guarantee the enrolment of the prospective graduates of Grade Six in their preferred high school;
- To enable the Department (central, region, division), in collaboration with the local government units (LGUs), barangay officials, parents, civic organizations, business sector, etc., to make the necessary preparation and address potential resource needs in time for the opening of classes in June; and
- To support schools in their efforts of providing education interventions to prevent children/youth from dropping out from school.
- A massive advocacy campaign shall be undertaken at all levels in the Department starting January 10. The Communications Unit at the Central Office shall take the lead in preparing advocacy materials which should be made available to other DepEd offices. The Regional and Division Offices shall organize Communications Teams which shall undertake campaign activities for the early registration. Schools are enjoined to work with parents, local barangay officials, other stakeholders and students for support.
- The registration process shall include the following activities:
- January 10-28, 2011: Child or Youth Find Activities shall be initiated at the division and school levels in collaboration with the Barangays. Reference shall be made to the previous data on Family Mapping and home visits to the targeted early enrolees shall be undertaken by the schools concerned.
Schools enroling children from indigenous cultural communities, and the Special Education (SPED) centers that cater to children with disabilities, shall be mobilized to ensure early registration of the targeted enrolees.
Likewise, street visits shall be conducted by designated Education Supervisors of the Division Offices to get the profile of the 5- and 6- year old street children and prospective First Year students who should be in school in June 2011.
High school principals and staff shall work with the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Chairs to locate those elementary graduates who have not enrolled in high school or those who dropped out from First Year and make sure they register early so that appropriate program interventions could be planned.
- January 20-February 15, 2011: Special Orientation for the Regional Planning Officers on Consolidation of Data Relevant to the Early Registration shall be conducted by the Office of the Planning Service c/o Mr. Abram Y.C. Abanil on January 20, 2011 at the Bulwagan ng Karunungan, DepEd Central Office, Pasig City. Expenses for board and lodging shall be charged to DepEd Central Office while the transportation expenses shall be borne by local funds. The Regional Planning Officers shall, in turn, orient all Division Planning Officers from January 24 to February 15, 2011 with expenses charged to local funds.
- January 29, 2011: Early Registration Day in All Public Schools.
Children who are born on October 31, 2006 or earlier shall be eligible for early enrolment in Kindergarten. Those who are born on October 31, 2005 or earlier, with or without Kindergarten experience, shall be eligible for early enrolment. The birth certificate of the child shall be the documentary basis. This document can be submitted either in June or within the school year.
Students who are not presently enrolled in Grade Six but have completed this grade level and who want to be enrolled in First Year High School shall present their Grade Six Card to the Teacher-in- Charge of the registration. If the report card is not available, a signed Certification Report by the parent/guardian could be presented.
Elementary and high school officials shall designate Registration Centers within the school premises. There should be at least three (3) Registration Centers at the elementary level manned by preschool teachers, Grades One and Six teachers, and one (1) Registration Center for the secondary level handled by designated teachers to enrol the First Year students who have graduated in the previous school years or those who have dropped out from school. Other teachers shall provide support to the early enrolees.
Division offices shall identify areas without schools but may have enrolees, and shall designate the District Supervisor to work with the Barangay Chairman so that the Early Registration Day can be done in the barangay hall.
On-site registration of the street children who were identified during the street visits shall likewise be conducted by the Division Offices.
The Early Registration Form (Form 1) found in Enclosure No.l shall be used to record the early enrolees.
- February 1-4, 2011: School Submission and Consolidation of Registration Data. Elementary schools shall submit the Early Registration Form (Form 1) of the prospective First Year students to the concerned high school.
The Early Registration Form that lists down the street children/youth shall be submitted to the school nearest to where these children/youth are located by the Division offices.
The secondary schools shall have one consolidated data in the Early Registration Form that contains the prospective enrolees in first year high school submitted by the elementary schools, the street children/youth, those who have graduated in the previous school years and those who have dropped out from school.
All Early Registration Forms for Kindergarten, Grade One and First Year high school shall be submitted to the Division Office, Attn.: The Planning Officer on or before February 4, 2011.
- February 7 to March 7, 2011. Planning to Address Resource Gaps and Implementation of Differentiated Program Interventions.
School Officials, Teachers, Parents and Other Stakeholders: With the leadership of the school head, guidelines shall be discussed with the local stakeholders to ensure that the early enrolees report to school in June 2011. Likewise, a School Plan to Address Needs covering: a) the additional inputs needed: classrooms, teachers, textbooks, seats; and b) differentiated program interventions for Kindergarten and Grade One for the elementary/or First Year for the secondary level shall be developed together with the stakeholders. Differentiated program interventions may include alternative delivery modes, non-conventional school programs/teaching strategies, etc., while assistance needed could be training, honorarium, print or non-print learning resources, and others.
This report shall be submitted to the Schools Division/City Superintendent, Attn.: The Planning Officer on or before March 7, 2011 using Form 2A (Elementary Level) or 2B (Secondary Level) shown in Enclosure No. 2. This school plan shall later on be incorporated into the School Improvement Plan.
Division Offices: The Schools Division/City Superintendent (SDS) shall designate the District Supervisor and/or the Education Supervisor I to provide direct assistance to the schools in the planning activity. Likewise, this District Supervisor and/or the Education Supervisor I is responsible for the submission of the school’s plan to the Division Office. The Schools Division/City Superintendent shall also identify available resources (excess teachers, volunteer teachers, textbooks and supplementary materials, seats, SEF, etc.). Moreover, the SDS shall initiate consultative meetings/dialogues with local government units and other stakeholders to discuss possible support that should be provided to priority schools. Assistance that will be generated from the stakeholders together with the division’s available resources shall be considered in the Division Plan using Form 3 found in Enclosure No. 3. This form shall be submitted to the Central Office c/o Ms. Ester Dijamco, Chief of the Research and Statistics Division – Office of Planning Service (RSD-OPS) on March 15, 2011, copy furnished the Regional Office.
Regional Offices: The Regional Director shall be responsible for the compliance of the divisions and schools in the implementation of this DepEd Order. He/She shall organize a Monitoring and Assistance Team to oversee the implementation of the specific activities in the registration process, provide strong support during the consultative meetings or dialogues with the stakeholders organized by the Division Offices, and may initiate activities that will generate support to address the needs of the schools or recommend differentiated program interventions that the Regional Office can support.
Central Office: The Executive Team headed by the Secretary shall convene the officials of the Bureaus, Centers, and Services in the third week of March 2011 to discuss plans on addressing the critical inputs and the assistance needed in the implementation of differentiated program interventions.
The Secretary shall then convene the members of the MANCOM (Management Committee) to discuss the final plan on addressing critical inputs and the implementation of differentiated program interventions in the first week of April 2011.
- A DepEd Order Addressing Gaps in the Inputs in Kindergarten, Grade One and First Year High School and the Implementation of Differentiated Program Interventions appropriate to varied types of learners shall be issued on or before April 15, 2011.
- For any inquiries about the early registration, contact the Early Registration Help Desk at telephone numbers: 02-631-5057 or 02-638- 3703, or e-mail at email@example.com.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
BR. ARMIN A. LUISTRO FSC (signed)
As stated Reference:
DepEd Order: No. 62, s. 2008
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects:
ADMISSION or ENROLMENT DATA (Statistics)