January 28, 2011 DO 9, s. 2011 – Revised Flowchart on the Allocation and Deployment of New Teacher Items Amended by DO 102, s. 2011 – Amendment and Addenda to DepEd Order No. 9, s. 2011 (Revised Flowchart on the Allocation and Deployment of New Teacher Items)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
1. Under the FY 2011 General Appropriations Act (GAA), a special provision is included which provides that the creation of additional teacher positions in the Department of Education (DepEd) shall be subject to the submission of a Special Budget Request together with the deployment report to the Department of Budget and Management (DBM).
2. Based on this provision, a revised flowchart (copy enclosed) on the allocation and deployment of new teacher items has been devised. The revised procedure is aimed at cutting the time entailed in filling up new positions.
3. Under the revised flowchart, the following offices shall be responsible for the following functions:
a. DepEd Central Office- Office of Planning Service (OPS):
- Computation of teacher requirements; and
- Preparation of the deployment report by school to be submitted to DBM;
b. DepEd Regional and Division Planning Units:
- Validation of deployment report prepared by OPS, and
- Providing legal documents on newly established/legislated schools to OPS
c. Regional and Division Human Resource Management Office
- Publication of vacant positions, preparation and submission of the profile, and
- Assignment of teachers hired to OPS and preparation of plantilla of approved items; and
d. Office of the Schools Division Superintendent
- Appointment of qualified teacher applicants based on the Registry of Qualified Applicants, and
- Submission of appointment papers to Civil Service Commission (CSC).
4. Field offices shall be given seven (7) working days to validate the deployment report prepared by OPS. The validated deployment report shall be signed/concurred by the Schools Division Superintendent. In case there are changes in the deployment reports, the concerned division shall include a justification for the revision(s).
5. To expedite the consolidation of the validated deployment reports from the field offices, electronic copies should be sent in advance through e-mail to OPS-Research and Statistics Division (RSD) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Signed copies of said reports should be submitted before the due date.
6. The validated deployment report shall include a copy of the legal basis of newly legislated/established/created schools (Republic Act or approval of Regional Office). The OPS prepared deployment report shall be deemed final should the concerned field office fail to submit the validated report on the due date.
7. Consultation with relevant stakeholders, e.g., legislators, local government officials shall be undertaken once the Notice of Organization Staffing and Compensation Action (NOSCA) is approved by DBM. Consultation means informing the concerned stakeholders about the number of items allocated for their respective areas.
8. In the case of DepEd ARMM, the issuance of appointment shall be the responsibility of the Office of the Regional Secretary and the Regional Governor.
9. It is emphasized that the existing guidelines on the deployment, recruitment, hiring and appointment of new teachers should be strictly observed based on the following DepEd issuances: DepED Order No. 4, s. 2007, DepEd Order Nos. 20 and 88, s. 2009, DepEd Order Nos. 77 and 93, s. 2010.
10. The revised procedures shall be implemented starting SY 2011-2012.
11. This Order amends DepEd Order No. 29, s. 2010.
12. Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
YOLANDA S. QUIJANO
Encl.: As stated
Reference: DepEd Order: (No. 29, s. 2010)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index
under the following subjects: