April 26, 2011 DO 36, s. 2011 – DepEd Policy on Repair and Maintenance of Computer Units That are Out of Warranty
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/ City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- This is to direct all high schools with non-working computer units that are out of warranty to communicate with identified Technical-Vocational (Tech-Voc) Schools nearest to their schools with the capability to provide repair and maintenance of said DepEd equipment. This is to lessen the repair/maintenance cost of the said equipment incurred by the schools.
- The list of identified Tech-Voc Schools that can provide repair and maintenance of said equipment nationwide is contained in the enclosure.
- Cost of parts to be replaced, will be shouldered by the availing school chargeable to the schools’ Maintenance and Other Operating Expenses (MOOE) subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations.
- A minimal fee will also be charged to the availing schools to defray electricity cost and equipment depreciation.
- This DepEd Order is issued to provide an alternative means for the repair and maintenance of computer units that were provided by the Department through the DepEd Computerization Program (DCP) or through our partnership with other Government agencies and private sector.
- Also, this is to provide a better training ground for the Tech-Voc Schools and to support the Strengthened Technical-Vocational Education Program (STVEP).
- For more inquiries, please contact the Technical Service-Information and Communication Technology Unit (TS-ICTU) at telephone nos.: (02) 633-7264 and (02) 636-4878 or through e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
To be indicated in the Perpertual Index under the following subjects: