May 19, 2011 DO 39, s. 2011 – Organization of an Enhanced-Basic Education Information System (E-BEIS) Implementation Management Team (IMT)
Directors of Services, Centers and Heads of Units
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- The Enhanced-Basic Education Information System (E-BEIS) is a web-based system that maintains a database of public and private schools’ education statistics. The system was developed due to the urgent need to improve the collection of data from schools and streamline data management processes to deliver timely, relevant and accurate information to effectively support planning, budgeting, formulating policies and other decision-making activities at various levels of the education system i.e. school, division, regional and national levels.
- A national roll-out of the system will be implemented beginning SY 2011-2012. To facilitate the implementation of the system, the E-BEIS Implementation Management Team (EIMT) will be organized at the central, regional and division levels. Please see Enclosure No. 1 for the Organizational Structure (OS) and Terms of Reference (TOR) and Enclosure No. 2 for the composition of the EIMT.
- At the regional and division levels, the regional directors (RDs) and schools division/city superintendents (SDSs) shall provide leadership and organizational support. The EIMT shall be composed of the Regional and Division Planning Officers (RPO/DPO) as the lead/focal persons, the Information and Communication Technology Unit (ICTU) Coordinator or Information Technology (IT) Technician and a Data Encoder.
- The Regional EIMT shall be responsible for quality assurance and enforcing data validation procedures that should have been done at the division level. It will also provide support during training/mentoring of schools and conduct monitoring and evaluation of E-BEIS implementation at the regional level.
- The Division EIMT Team shall conduct training/mentoring of schools. It shall be responsible for data encoding (for schools without computers/access to internet), data validation and confirmation of school level data.
- The schools shall be responsible for encoding data on school statistics utilizing the BEIS data gathering forms. The school head shall be accountable for the accuracy and completeness of data.
- Both Regional and Division EIMTs shall formulate their own training and implementation plans for schools adopting strategies which are suitable to their local conditions. The approaches used by the Strengthening Implementation of Basic Education in Selected Provinces in Visayas (STRIVE) regions and divisions can be adopted.
- The E-BEIS shall be implemented parallel to the current BEIS in all regions.
- The schedule of trainings for the Regional and Division EIMTs and the School Heads shall be announced through a separate memorandum.
- For more information, please contact the Research and Statistics Division-Office of Planning Service (RSD-OPS) at telephone no.: (02) 633-7257 or the Help Desk, Data Base Management Unit (DBMU)-RSD at telephone no.: (02) 635-3986 or send a message at e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Immediate dissemination of and compliance with this Order is directed.
DepEd Order: No. 94, s. 2010
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: