June 10, 2011 DO 47, s. 2011 – Annual Collection and Processing of Basic Education Statistical Data for School Year (SY) 2011-2012
Regional Secretary, ARMM
Schools Division/City Superintendents
Heads, Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools
All Others Concerned
- For School Year (SY) 2011-2012, data collection and processing of school statistics shall be undertaken using the two modes: the regular Basic Education Information System (BEIS) and the Enhanced BEIS (E-BEIS).
- In the BEIS, the school heads (SHs) shall supervise their teaching and non-teaching personnel and staff in accomplishing their school profiles and submit these to their respective Division Offices (DOs) for data processing.
- In the E-BEIS, the SHs shall supervise the encoding of required school statistical data and submit these on-line.
- Beginning SY 2011-2012, the school statistical data will be collected twice:
- Data collection at the end of the previous school year, SY 2010-2011;
- Data collection at the beginning of the forthcoming school year, SY 2011-2012.
- As a result of this change, the annual BEIS data gathering forms have been revised to conform with the data collection requirements. Thus, the orientation of SHs shall be undertaken, since the new sets of forms for gathering school statistical data include additional tables for the required new data.
- The school statistical data to be gathered at the end of the previous school year as of March 31, 2011 covering SY 2010-2011 shall include the following:
- Pupil/ Student data;
- Causes of drop-outs (additional table);
- Instructional and non-instructional rooms including funding source;
- Instructional rooms needing repair (additional table);
- Data on school furniture, toilets, water supply and electricity;
- Personnel data;
- Teaching assignments;
- Locally-funded teachers;
- List of teachers classified by teaching assignment and by area of specialization for Government Secondary School Profile (GSSP); and
- Data on computers and internet connectivity (additional tables).
- The school statistical data to be gathered at the beginning of the forthcoming school year as of July 31, 2011 covering SY 2011-2012 shall include the following:
- School statistical data and information which include travel details from school to district and division;
- Pupil/Student data;
- Age profile;
(The computation of a child’s age is based on his/her last birthday. As of July 31, a child who is six (6) years and eleven (11) months old is considered six (6) years old. Similarly, for high school, a student who is twelve (12) years and 11 months old is twelve (12) years old as of July 31.)
- Classes by shift;
- Pupils/Students with special needs;
- Enrolment in Kindergarten Summer Program (additional table for Government Elementary School Profiles (GESPs/; and
- Student data by program for Government Secondary School Profiles (GSSPs).
- The Revised BEIS Forms which have been sent through e-mail to the Regional Planning Units (RPUs) shall consist of the following:
- GESPs beginning and end of SY data;
- GSSPs beginning and end of SY data;
- Private School Profiles (PSPs); and
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) Laboratory School Profiles.
- The following timelines shall be observed for both the regular Basic Education Information System (BEIS) and the Enhanced BEIS (E-BEIS):
Activity for Regular BEIS Target Date a. Orientation of Division Planning Officers (DPOs) and SHs by Regional Planning Officers (RPOs); Weeks 3 and 4 of May 2011 b. Preparation and accomplishment of school statistical data, and submision of school profiles based on the following:
- End of SY 2010-2011 data; and
- Beginning of SY 2011 -2012 data.
May 23-June 15, 2011
August 1-15, 2011
c. Release of Program for School Statistics Module (SSM) to Region:
- End of SY 2010-2011 data
- Beginning of SY 2011 -2012 data
June 15-30, 2011 August 1-15, 2011 d. Validation of End of SY 2010-2011 data June 1-30, 2011 e. Encoding of End of SY 2010-2011 data by DPUs July 1-31, 2011 f. Submission of SSM for end of SY data to Database Management Unit (DBMU) August 1-15, 2011 g. Generation of Performance Indicators for end of SY data September 2011 h. Validation of beginning of SY 2011 -2012 data August 16-30, 2011 i. Encoding of beginning of SY data for 2011-2012 by DPUs October 1-31, 2011 j. Submission of SSM for beginning of SY 2011-2012 data to DBMU November 2011 k. Generation of Performance Indicators for beginning of SY data December 2011 1. Comparison of BEIS SSM data with downloaded E- BEIS SSM data December 2011 Activity for E-BEIS Target Dates a. Training of Regional and Division Planning Personnel and Staff From Week 4 of June to Week 2 of July 2011 b. Coaching and mentoring of SHs with actual data encoding of school statistical data gathered at the end of SY and at the beginning of SY August 1-September 15, 2011 c. Division validation of school statiscal data gathered at the end of SY and at the beginning of SY submitted by schools October 2011 d. Download SSM data from E-BEIS October 2011 e. Generation of region-wide end of SY and beginning of SY performance indicators November 2011 f. Comparison of downloaded E-BEIS data in SSM format with BEIS SSM data December 2011 g. Generation of reports for budget and planning purposes January 2012
- All personnel involved in BEIS at the schools, district, division and regional and central levels are allowed to render overtime services during weekdays, weekends and holidays as provided in DepEd Order No. 58, s. 2008 and DepEd Order No. 10, s. 2009 since time is of the essence in meeting the new BEIS schedules.
- The regional directors (RDs) and schools division/city superintendents (SDSs) through the RPUs and Divisional Planning Units (DPU) shall jointly undertake the distribution, collection, processing and validation of the completed forms. To facilitate the process, funds for the conduct of orientation for Division Planning Officers (DPOs) shall be transferred to the ROs, while funds for printing and reproduction of the forms shall be transferred directly to the DOs. However, the field offices are requested to utilize available funds for the orientation, printing and reproduction while the documents for the fund transfer are being processed.
- The SHs of public and private elementary and secondary schools offering pre- elementary, elementary and/or secondary education shall be responsible for ensuring prompt, complete and accurate filling-up of the BEIS data gathering forms using the regular BEIS and the on-line E-BEIS modes.
- The processing of the PSPs and the SUCs Laboratory School Profiles under the regular BEIS shall continue to be undertaken by the Database Management Unit (DBMU), Research and Statistic Division (RSD), Office of Planning Service (OPS), DepEd Central Office. For more informaion contact this Office at telephone nos.: (02) 633-7257/(02) 635-3986, or send a message at its e-mail address:
- To ensure that only quality data is captured in the BEIS forms, the SHs/SDSs/RDs shall supervise strictly the data validation procedures in terms of completeness, accuracy, consistency and objectivity.
- All previous issuances relative to this Order that are found inconsistent are deemed superseded or modified accordingly.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
References: DepEd Order: (Nos. 94, s. 2010; 10, s. 2009; 58, s. 2008)
To be indicated in the Perpetual Index under the following subjects: